Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Trump's Post Presidency Thread

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Why not? He’s just going to lie or spew out the fresh “future political opponent” crap that is going to be the new arguing point.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At least our friends at the Liberal Media have been respectful through all of this:

"Has the DOJ been weaponized against Trump??"
"GOP plans full investigation of every opponent if they win the House"

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Hot take: Every single member of the White House, the Senate, and the House should be under investigation. No matter the party.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
mourning-nod.gif

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think there will be consequences for this. Defending it will probably cause the Republicans more harm than it will help them.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm so jaded about Trump actually facing punishment but I WANNA BELIEVE this is his Watergate.

(although Idk if even Nixon did anything as scummy as stealing state secrets. Does Snuffy or someone who remembers AP US History confirm?)

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
It's extremely cute how anyone thinks there will be actual consequences still. Tell me when anyone in that kind of position of power has gotten what was coming to them since Ceaușescu was executed on live television.

Laz

Reaction score
In the US? Let's see...oh, wait, nobody's fucking done this before. So we're in uncharted waters.

Staff member
Reaction score
In the US? Let's see...oh, wait, nobody's fucking done this before. So we're in uncharted waters.

I had a list of things I could have posted but I didn't see the point. But yeah, you're right. They ransacked his house, they've thrown all kinds of people in jail. Year and a half ago we saw this fuck leave the White House as part of his consequences.

This is like those people who said 'what about everyone else' when Derek Chauvin was convicted. Maybe it's becoming a different time in history did anyone think of that? They're checking every single one of these papers for fingerprints, that isn't something law enforcement does when they're not investigating a case. There's really no going back from here IMO. Either they charge him or the AG has to resign in disgrace and the latter doesn't seem like something that's on the agenda.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at wikipedia and I stopped counting at 50 Heads of Government who are CURRRENTLY in prison. Didn't count those who are indictied, under house arrest or skipped out. And I only got down to those who have been convicted since 2016.

So lol.

Laz

Reaction score
For the record, I do understand Kotz's indifference, or maybe better put as his jadedness to the process. We're talking about criminal repercussions for a man that's spent his entire adult life skating by them while barely breaking a sweat, so much so that he was actually elected POTUS. It's not outside the realm of possibility that he offers someone up as a patsy, or promises to make a hefty donation to the right campaigns in order to make it all a slap on the wrist, if even.

BUT...

Kotz, brother, you forget that we didn't have nuclear secrets on the table before.

Staff member
Reaction score
For the record, I do understand Kotz's indifference, or maybe better put as his jadedness to the process. We're talking about criminal repercussions for a man that's spent his entire adult life skating by them while barely breaking a sweat, so much so that he was actually elected POTUS. It's not outside the realm of possibility that he offers someone up as a patsy, or promises to make a hefty donation to the right campaigns in order to make it all a slap on the wrist, if even.

BUT...

Kotz, brother, you forget that we didn't have nuclear secrets on the table before.
They also subpeonaed security footage from the last two months and saw people taking these boxes out of a room and reading them. Trump and his lawyer signed a statement saying all classified documents were returned. They were not. Some of these documents cannot be declassified by anyone.

Laz

Reaction score
That doesn't negate the idea of a patsy, though. "Listen, I really, truly believed that they'd all been returned, but that guy, what's his name, that loser uhhhh BILL D'AMICO, yeah, Billy Domenico...that ugly, fat, un-American fella, and you know he voted for Biden oh yes he did, it was Bill DiMonaco."

Staff member
Reaction score
Like how many people have ever been dumb enough to get caught reading top secret documents 1000 miles away from where they're supposed to be, and doing it on video tape? That's why this shit is taking so long. They're putting together a case nobody's ever had to put together before because people are never so stupid. And this stupid MF didn't even delete his own security footage afterwards, so they had to turn it over. They took 60 days of footage from this guy's own house lmao