Andrei Arlovski vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik

Prelims (Fight Pass)

Jennifer Maia vs Kaitlyn Chookagian
Lyman Good vs Chance Rencountre
Julio Arce vs Hakweem Dawodu

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Best PPV main card ever without a title fight on it? Yeah I think so.

Anyways this pick might make me look stupid in hindsight but I think Masvidal is going to beat the piss out of Diaz en route to a dominating decision win or late stoppage.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-244-masvidal-vs-diaz-1771

Can't recall the last time we saw lines this close on a card like this from top to bottom. Crazy.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kelvin weighed in at 184 but needed the towel, there's some controversy because his coach Rafael Cordeiro is standing behind him while he made weight and there are pictures that appear to show one of Kelvin's elbows balancing on Cordeiro's chest making it look like he's being supported from not putting his full weight down on the scale. SCANDAL.

Also Kevin Lee looked hella drained and has staph so if you're putting money on this card card bet the house on Gillespie.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rencountre looking like Homer Simpson fighting at Moe's right now....

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Also Kevin Lee looked hella drained and has staph so if you're putting money on this card card bet the house on Gillespie.

If by that you mean a KO of the year candidate for Lee.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/MMAonSiriusXM/status/1190831553976393728

Staff member
Reaction score
That was the most bullshit ending ever. I'm not saying Nate was going to win, but Jorge's gas tank in late rounds was the one unknown variable and that stupid fucking doctor had money on the fight.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I knew Edmen had the stuff and wrote this big spiel about it before the fight and then it got deleted because of god knows what, so I'll just say this:

Edmen Shahbazyan (born November 20, 1997)

This guy is gonna win a world title someday, and he might do it soon. His IQ and maturity are insane for his age.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Tavares's only losses in his last six before this were to the guys that just fought for the world title.

Edmen Shahbazyan fights out of Glendale, California. His older brother, Leon, is also a professional fighter.[3] Edmen started training in martial arts at the age of 9 and has been training at his current gym Glendale Fighting Club since the age of 12. As a teenager, he served as a training partner for Ronda Rousey. [4] He is of Armenian descent.

I mean this guy's backstory is like classic old school badass American martial artist, except unlike most MMA fighters we are seeing him when he's actually entering his athletic prime. Also, all the people that shit on the great EDMOND (including maybe even myself) will be praising the dude as he had this kid under his wing for pretty much his whole career. RESPECT BRO

Shahbazyan made his professional debut in mixed martial arts on February 25, 2017 at CXF 6.

damn when did this site start promoting fights.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was a bullshit finish, but I think Nate would've got finished if it continued. Jorge's striking was on another level and I think his gas tank is fine and he would've just continued with the body shots Nate didn't have an answer for and finishes him. Nate's incredibly tough and his durability, jiu jitsu, and endurance will kept him in fights, but he hasn't looked that great in the the two return fights. Like Mark Hunt without the fight ending power. Pettis was whooping him too before he wilted. I dont think Jorge will wilt or is intimidated by the Diaz style like alot of other fighters. I think he knocks him out in the rematch.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
funny how the main and co-main were filled with fighters who jumped up after having made their names in lower weight classes. Shows how stupid excess weight cutting is.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
- If people wonder why Arlovski is still fighting he made $320K to get flatlined in less then a round. They keep paying him like that and so long as he doesn't drop five in a row he'll still get fights. I think we'll see Bigi Boy fill in for Walt Harris against Overeem at the DC card in a few weeks.
- Like it's already been stated, Edmen looked fantastic and I'm very interested to see him against the top level guys. I think he fights somebody like Hermannson next.
- Shane Burgos was made for five round fights. His cardio is incredible especially when you consider how big he is for the weight class.
- Anybody who was shocked that Johnny Walker got put out like that should check out his pre-UFC fights. He lost badly to guys well below the skill level of Corey Anderson.
- Disappointed we didn't get to see the fight hit the mat but holy shit Kevin Lee killed a man. Gregor should take a minimum of six months off after a KO like that. That'll make the year end lists for sure.

As far as the main event goes there was literally no indication that Jorge's cardio was depleted or that Nate could mount anything resembling a comeback. If you want to complain that the fight got stopped go for it but all you wanted was another two rounds of Nate getting bludgeoned. There also isn't going to be any rematch, Nate's going to need plastic surgery for the damage he took so he's probably on the shelf for six months plus and Jorge is going to either net a title shot or a fight against Conor after this.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think Jorge-Conor ever happens.

Think Jorge fights the WW title fight winner, especially if it's Colby. The UFC is actually in a pretty good place because the next Diaz fight can be the trilogy with McGregor or the Masvidal re-match.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Diaz should get a fight that still has some name attached to it but is a step down from the top tier, he didn't look good at all against Jorge. Despite both dudes tenures in the UFC he's never fought Edson Barboza and it would be a fight where he'd be challenged but could still win. It sounds like Cowboy vs Conor is happening in the new year so I wouldn't be mad if we got Diaz/Gaethje or Diaz/Felder too.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Diaz has always complained about cutting to 155. Now that he's a money fighter I can't imagine he's going back

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's a money fighter who's dumb enough to sit for 3 years when he could have been getting paid. Let's not give the guy much credit here.