Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

UFC 259

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
This card is so stacked, almost all the prelims are worth watching too.

Costa vs Bautista is a fight between two guys who look like they are future title contenders, watch it.

a lot of money coming on Jan. I’m gonna wait till it starts to go the other way, and bet on Izzy. He’s at -220 right now.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How was your guys experience with ordering McGregor-Poirer? I obviously want to get this but it was such shit show on ESPN+ our order didn't go through. Maybe if I pre-order there is better chance?

I agree with the above post, this is looking to be a great card, hopefully COVID stays away!

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is one of the best prelim cards I’ve seen in a long time. Every fight has been a barn burner and ended with a finish.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I heard a lot people had issues with it, I don’t see that happening again though.

Hoping for the best in the next 35 minutes. UFC 254, I got spoiled because I had to go shut off my account on CPU versus my Fire Stick (although that was because of the weird start time).

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Considering the most boring fight on this prelim involved one guy putting his forearm across another guys throat while calling him a woman beater, this has been a really entertaining card so far.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
So where did all the blood come from? I started watching at 8 pm central.
Tim Elliot bled pretty well, and from the top position was grinding his face into his opponent’s eyes. It was weird. He also was calling him out for being a woman beating while on top of him.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The online backlash against Aljamain is disgusting, and it’s hard for me not to think a lot of it isn’t rooted in racism.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The online backlash against Aljamain is disgusting, and it’s hard for me not to think a lot of it isn’t rooted in racism.
While I do think he milked it (to a certain extent) I'm not gonna fault him for it.

Reaction score
This is obviously an assumption, but I get the feeling that the people getting mad at Aljamain Sterling for winning in that fashion are the same people that thought Khabib shouldn've been DQ'd against McGregor because of what happened after.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
While I do think he milked it (to a certain extent) I'm not gonna fault him for it.
It’s not about the injury itself really. I can see why fighters would initially question whether it was legit. I think on the replay it was clearly illegal and clearly had a big impact.

It’s more about how people are criticizing him for doing shots, getting mad about how he’s responding to both the dq and aftermath, the way he’s presenting himself, etc. Also so many people are going off about how they can’t wait to see him get wrecked in the rematch. It’s just crazy to me that the guy who was fouled is getting more hate than the guy who threw a blatant foul. Think about the way people reacted to Daley for that punch after the bell.

This is a legitimate point, but the comments are so dismissive and snarky. I saw another link that said “Yan talks about aljamains reaction to the knee” why don’t you ask him about the knee itself lmao

I grew up on chute boxe, so I’m not hating on Yan. But what he did was wrong and he should be punished for it. It was blatantly illegal. but it feels like Aljamain is the one who is getting the hate from fans right now.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s not about the injury itself really. I can see why fighters would initially question whether it was legit. I think on the replay it was clearly illegal and clearly had a big impact.

It’s more about how people are criticizing him for doing shots, getting mad about how he’s responding to both the dq and aftermath, the way he’s presenting himself, etc. Also so many people are going off about how they can’t wait to see him get wrecked in the rematch. It’s just crazy to me that the guy who was fouled is getting more hate than the guy who threw a blatant foul. Think about the way people reacted to Daley for that punch after the bell.

This is a legitimate point, but the comments are so dismissive and snarky. I saw another link that said “Yan talks about aljamains reaction to the knee” why don’t you ask him about the knee itself lmao

I grew up on chute boxe, so I’m not hating on Yan. But what he did was wrong and he should be punished for it. It was blatantly illegal. but it feels like Aljamain is the one who is getting the hate from fans right now.
I haven't read much about any of the above, so thanks.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think he milked it, but I also think he was put in a situation where he would look bad no matter what.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Art of Postin' said it best, it was blatantly illegal and super reckless. And 909 is right too, short of him being in a coma people who have never been in a fight will question his toughness.