Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Venom

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Venom was fun. I haven't been paying attention to this one. Same creative team?

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I rewatched Venom a while ago and I thought it was fine. This should be better with a way more fun villain

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my ticket to see it this Friday at 12 PM. Excited for it and think Woody Harrelson should be a lot of fun in his role.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a fun movie exactly as I expected it to be. Lots of Brock/Venom interaction, Woody channeling an older Mickey Knox in his role, lots of PG-13 level deaths, people in peril at the end with Venom & Carnage fighting. I did like that this was on the shorter end, clocking in around 95 minutes total give or take.

7/10

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Tonally, this felt so different than the first film, too comedic in a way that the jokes got old and tiring and somewhat overtly excessive. I didn't mind it sometimes, but then there was moments that needed a bit more of a shift in that direction. I guess more than anything it felt off balance in that aspect. While it had those fun moments, I just felt like it maybe should have taken itself a bit more seriously in certain scenes.

The effects and 3d though, was fucking tremendous. Woody was a fun villian, and kudos on the Mickey Knox redux, there was moments it felt like he was full on NBK, I enjoyed that take. Movie breezed by and almost went at a frantic pace given what all was happening.....that was my main qualm on it, yet happy it didn't go longer either. Very mixed bag on this for me, I can't say I left feeling I needed another one of these films, but.....

the post credits scene means Venom is re-entering the Spiderman universe, so fuck yes to that.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I liked that it was ridiculous and stupid. It's a guy sharing his body with a giant symbiotic alien who eats brains. Carnage is a serial killer who just happens to get his own alien friend.

It would be awful if it was serious.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I liked that it was ridiculous and stupid. It's a guy sharing his body with a giant symbiotic alien who eats brains. Carnage is a serial killer who just happens to get his own alien friend.

It would be awful if it was serious.
I should have said not serious, but maybe darker and more tonally intense or something? Basically just the same tone as the first film, which I thought was completely on point. This just felt a bit off more on the overtly comedic