Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Vince McMahon announces retirement. Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and Nick Khan new co-CEOs effective immediately

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vince McMahon was the one who made the decisions at the end of the day to give those ideas the green light to put them on TV. It all STARTED and ENDED with VINCE.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Anyone realized yet that he company is now in the hands of two people WWE planted bullshit stories in the media about? And the other co-CEO is possibly the one who planted them?
I definitely missed something. Which bullshit stories?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After Stephanie “stepped down” earlier this year, bullshit stories about her not performing to company expectations began to circulate.

They also hit HHH with similar attack.

Stephanie and Nick aren’t gonna be a long term relationship that is for certain.

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll post the Steph one when I get home cause that’s more complicated but the entire Nxt 2.0 thing comes from him taking the blame for AEW outdrawing them. They said he didn’t hire anyone of value and weren’t going to hire experienced guys anymore because they don’t draw dick and have no future as stars etc

But the guys he hired and they released do draw soooo

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I apologize for that last statement because I thought that you guys were talking about all the tasteless ideas that came from the "Ruthless Aggression Era" like the HLA and Necrophilia angle.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally! I thought he was going to hold on until he was in the ground. Even before this scandal he was killing the on air product for years.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
I apologize for that last statement because I thought that you guys were talking about all the tasteless ideas that came from the "Ruthless Aggression Era" like the HLA and Necrophilia angle.
Seeing how awful his politics are, I have a hard time feeling bad for Kane when it comes to Katie Vick. It's still the worst thing I've ever seen angle wise, but still...

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’ll post the Steph one when I get home cause that’s more complicated but the entire Nxt 2.0 thing comes from him taking the blame for AEW outdrawing them. They said he didn’t hire anyone of value and weren’t going to hire experienced guys anymore because they don’t draw dick and have no future as stars etc

But the guys he hired and they released do draw soooo
Yeah, that FTR. Totally HHH’s fault WWE screwed that up…

How many stars has NXT produced since HHH was removed?

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so on the Steph front there was a story that came out implying she was fired (not a leave of absence) because Nick/Vince didn’t like the job she was doing and didn’t like the people she hired either. One complaint I read was that they were angry Steph didn’t do a better job finding sponsors which sounds like something they’d get mad about even though it’s BS. That being said there’s always been a lot of talent that hated working with her and it feels like maybe Nick/Vince saw a chance to throw her under the bus and took it.

This carousel is nowhere near done spinning though because all these people don’t get along with each other and now they don’t have Vince to play referee. And a lot of talent inside and outside of the company will either enjoy this and want to be there or want to leave more/never come back because they hate HHH and Steph. Fun times ahead.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do hope that this means that there will FINALLY mean that there will be NO MORE ass-kissing from ANYONE on the WWE roster, just so that they could reach the top. The whole roster will actually HAVE to WORK THEIR ASSES OFF to get to the top.

Staff member
Reaction score
I do hope that this means that there will FINALLY mean that there will be NO MORE ass-kissing from ANYONE on the WWE roster, just so that they could reach the top. The whole roster will actually HAVE to WORK THEIR ASSES OFF to get to the top.
Lol don’t count on it

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lol don’t count on it
Well, you may be right about that. But my theory is maybe HHH kissed Vince's ass only to the extent so that he could take over the company somewhat and turn the whole company around.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope the trash that shows up to Smackdown doesn’t start a “We Want Vince” chant or something.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they can fix what Vince messed up, but it’s going to take four or five years to do that in terms of the wrestling aspect. AEW doesn’t release anyone for any reason so even though I do think there will be a huge roster shuffle between the two, it will take a long time for that to happen.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think they can fix what Vince messed up, but it’s going to take four or five years to do that in terms of the wrestling aspect. AEW doesn’t release anyone for any reason so even though I do think there will be a huge roster shuffle between the two, it will take a long time for that to happen.
Another issue is a potential sale of the company. If that happens, I imagine there will only be so much change until the deal is approved and finalized.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another issue is a potential sale of the company. If that happens, I imagine there will only be so much change until the deal is approved and finalized.
If the company DOES go up for sale, they will NEED to make certain that they DON'T sell it to someone who will put someone in charge of running the company who have NO IDEA how the wrestling business should be handled, like how the late Jim Crockett, Jr. did when he had to sell his company to Ted Turner in the late 1980's. They should make certain those mistakes don't happen to WWE, if indeed the company is actually put up for sale.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
It should be extremely clear that Vince McMahon needed to go. But it’s very possible his departure leads to a decline in WWE

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, I think we'll all find out how things will go with WWE in the aftermath of Vince's departure. But like 909 said earlier, it will take about 4 or 5 years for all the damage to be repaired.

Staff member
Reaction score
It should be extremely clear that Vince McMahon needed to go. But it’s very possible his departure leads to a decline in WWE
Yeah. There’s really no guarantee of anything from this point. They could sell it to someone who stretches the product thinner or to someone who doesn’t understand it at all and wants to change everything including the rules and how matches are done. Look at how many bad sports owners there are if anyone doubts that these things can be sold for huge amounts to people who don’t understand them at all.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait for Disney to buy WWE and for Roman Reigns to appear in the new Ant-man in character.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would LOVE it if Tony Khan could buy out WWE as well as HHH's contract so that he could make Hunter do an infinite amount of CLEAN JOBS to Chris Jericho. That would be a fitting end to everything that HHH pulled in order to bury Jericho for all those years he did so in WWE. I know that probably will never happen. But I think it should. HHH owes Jericho a whole fuck ton of jobs.