Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Vince McMahon announces retirement. Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and Nick Khan new co-CEOs effective immediately

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess it was unrealistic for me to expect them to deliver on the Roman Vs Nakamura feud they teased a few months back. :(

Reaction score
Yeah. There’s really no guarantee of anything from this point. They could sell it to someone who stretches the product thinner or to someone who doesn’t understand it at all and wants to change everything including the rules and how matches are done. Look at how many bad sports owners there are if anyone doubts that these things can be sold for huge amounts to people who don’t understand them at all.

Do people today in general, especially the ones who can make this type of purchase even get wrestling? WWE ran by an algorithm?

AEW works cause Tony Khan is a fan but the WWE most likely would get sold to a suit who doesn’t know shit

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There can’t be they many billionaire diehard fans, huh?

Billy Corgan is pissy at Tony Khan for calling himself the longest tenured wrestling CEO but maybe try running a promotion that isn’t ass.

Staff member
Reaction score

Billy Corgan is pissy at Tony Khan for calling himself the longest tenured wrestling CEO but maybe try running a promotion that isn’t ass.
Lol there’s only one and while I don’t think he’d buy WWE you absolutely cannot rule it completely out. That would send fans back to square one though with one person owning all the wrestling

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
If they sell, it'll likely be to NBC/Universal. If. I can totally see a power move where Steph/Hunter come out on top and scale back a bit to avoid major financial issues.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be any, but I don't see someone outside of the family being allowed to take the reins long-term.

Staff member
Reaction score
If they sell, it'll likely be to NBC/Universal. If. I can totally see a power move where Steph/Hunter come out on top and scale back a bit to avoid major financial issues.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be any, but I don't see someone outside of the family being allowed to take the reins long-term.
They could just pull a move that should be illegal and use a leveraged buyout to buy the company with debt. Then it’s theirs and that’s that. WWE prints money so they’d eventually surely pay back what it cost to do so. If I was them that’s what I’d do.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

Tony was obviously joking. There's a ton of people who have been in charge of their companies longer than either of them. Melissa Pena has run AAA since 2006. Great Kojika founded BJW in 1995 and is still the President. Okumura in Dragon Gate since 2004.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tony was obviously joking. There's a ton of people who have been in charge of their companies longer than either of them. Melissa Pena has run AAA since 2006. Great Kojika founded BJW in 1995 and is still the President. Okumura in Dragon Gate since 2004.
I meant people that run in Murica. Duh!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
This rules. Right down to Goldberg.

You know who I want to buy them? Lorenzo Fertitta.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well. I'm glad MY WOKE KING Brock didn't walk out on the company after finding out A LADY was going to be in charge.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m sure they found one of Vince’s hush money bags and it conveniently was sent to a farm in Saskatchewan.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I would LOVE it if Tony Khan could buy out WWE as well as HHH's contract so that he could make Hunter do an infinite amount of CLEAN JOBS to Chris Jericho. That would be a fitting end to everything that HHH pulled in order to bury Jericho for all those years he did so in WWE. I know that probably will never happen. But I think it should. HHH owes Jericho a whole fuck ton of jobs.
what is all this

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
One fly in the ointment is that Vince retiring doesn’t change that he still owns the majority of voting shares in WWE. The people in charge still answer to Vince McMahon when it’s time to elect the board of directors.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Vince’s last act as head of creative was indefinitely benching Max Dupri/LA Knight/Eli Drake.

It’s nice Gen Z has their own version of Ken Anderson. Although afaik Max Dupri doesn’t have a tendency to accidentally injure a bunch of people or himself.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I'm more intrigued on how this will affect creative, which needs really a whole shift altogether anyway so seeing a creative direction without Vince in front of it is going to be hopefully a huge positive step forward. Hunter I would presume will run it with Steph's input, perhaps they pair down all the writers in the mix, reshift the concept of creative, heavily consider production format changes, lean back on scripted promos and hopefully break away from that practice, and integrate more of the road agents, if anyone, on leaning on some components creatively too, but more generally try to book it similarity to how he did NXT in a structure way, at least. I'm guessing Khan handles talent relations with HHH hand in hand a bit too.

Seeing how Nick Khan and Stephanie will work in tandem in all this is kind of strange and not sure if that will in fact work. Sooner or later something will have to give in that aspect.

Also, I can't imagine Bruce Pritchard is going to be staying much longer, very much wondering where Kevin Dunn will be by years end too.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Also another thing comes to mind.....the last time Vince stepped down for awhile in the 90s, he handed creative to Jerry Jarrett.....it's certainly crazy now here we are and not only Jeff Jarrett has been given full control on the house shows/live events, but I can't imagine its not out of the question he may be given some creative freedom as well within what has to be a totally revamped creative structure. Heyman as well perhaps?

Also, talent that was released in a creative capacity when the whole thing with the HHH version of NXT started going to shit....Gabe, Ryan Katz, etc. Could they return to help in NXT in the least, with HBK?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I regretted not making the trip down to Boston for Smackdown last night for a minute. That lasted until I found out about all of the "Thank You Vince" chants and I'm glad I didn't cause my soul would have left my body and I would've collapsed ala Homer Simpson when Flanders explains cider if I was in that crowd.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
[Deep Purple. "Perfect Strangers." At least a decent facsimile of it. JN walks out with fanfare and marches to the ring, immediately calling for a microphone.]

JN News: "CUT. THE FUCKING. MUSIC."

[They oblige.]

JN News: "Hey, Dick Khan, do I have your attention yet?!"

[The fans chant "DICK KHAN, DICK KHAN" over and over.]

JN News: "Because when you sided with that piece of shit, Vinnie Mac, you provoked the FRANCHISE, and THAT doesn't keep the Pepsi cold."

["PEP-SI, PEP-SI, PEP-SI"]

JN News: "So for all of the people that have been jobbed out over the years by you and your daddy dom - the Chris Jericho's, the FTR's, the Bret fucking Hart's - I say that YOU, Dick Khan, are going to BEG your Cousin Tony for mercy with a side of BBQ chicken deep dish!"

[The "Perfect Strangers" knock-off kicks back in, as "The Franchise" JN News exits the CXF ring, making his way to the back.]

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
For what its worth though, when I saw the crowd during that moment on TV, there was so many that were not feeling that chant just as much....only Stephanie could have gotten away with that at this stage, I think.

I bet there will be some sort of "thank you Vince" vignette/video package on Raw, though

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[Deep Purple. "Perfect Strangers." At least a decent facsimile of it. JN walks out with fanfare and marches to the ring, immediately calling for a microphone.]

JN News: "CUT. THE FUCKING. MUSIC."

[They oblige.]

JN News: "Hey, Dick Khan, do I have your attention yet?!"

[The fans chant "DICK KHAN, DICK KHAN" over and over.]

JN News: "Because when you sided with that piece of shit, Vinnie Mac, you provoked the FRANCHISE, and THAT doesn't keep the Pepsi cold."

["PEP-SI, PEP-SI, PEP-SI"]

JN News: "So for all of the people that have been jobbed out over the years by you and your daddy dom - the Chris Jericho's, the FTR's, the Bret fucking Hart's - I say that YOU, Dick Khan, are going to BEG your Cousin Tony for mercy with a side of BBQ chicken deep dish!"

[The "Perfect Strangers" knock-off kicks back in, as "The Franchise" JN News exits the CXF ring, making his way to the back.]
a86.gif