Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Vince McMahon paid someone off in January for sexual misconduct

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So a bit of potential correction on these posts above from what I've read so far on this whole thing, the 7.5 million payout to a talent was in 2018, and there was previous rumors that Rosa Mendez may have been this person. I think the timelines match up pretty right on with that too.

The 2005 situation potentially may be the situation that apparently was a 1 million payment to someone in actually 2006, and that talent was with the company for over a decade and was listed as a "former manager."

The two names that stick out in that one is Stacy Kiebler (which explains why she, other than a single HOF appearance for Torrie Wilson, never came back to WWE. I think the more likely one is Dawn Marie. She never came back and never really appeared anywhere after she left WWE.

Christy Hemme and Amy Weber are interesting names as well, and they could maybe be the others in question in this report in some capacity. I always found it weird Hemme never came back to WWE in any form. Weber completely went MIA from the business too after her very low key run in the company.

I'm really hoping this forces Vince to fully step down now, although chances are we will see him prance out on SD tonight instead.....

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Dawn Marie was pregnant when she was released. Weber also cited hazing as the reason why she left (she also voluntarily quit and wasn't released if I recall). I'd say the former is more likely?

King of Summer Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Christy Hemme had a long career in pro wrestling post WWE (including with working with some of Vince's former lieutenants) so I'm not sure if she seems like prime suspect to me but Idk. People handle these types of situations differently.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Quoting from the WSJ article...

The previously unreported settlements include a $7.5 million pact with a former wrestler who alleged that Mr. McMahon coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and, ultimately, declined to renew her contract in 2005 after she resisted further sexual encounters, according to people familiar with the matter. The wrestler and her attorney approached Mr. McMahon in 2018 and negotiated the payment in return for her silence, the people said.

So released in 2005, settled in 2018.

Separately, $1 million to the 10 year manager in 2006. Another $1 million in 2008 to a contractor. Going under the working assumption that those were not known on-screen talents.

King of Summer Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, fair enough. In any case, whoever it is, isn't going to outright admit given that non disclosure agreement so speculating is a fool's errand regardless of moral queasiness aspect.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So my feeling at this point is that Vince needs to fully step down unquestionably. This probably isn't the end of it either, but if he walks away, maybe it will save face on future information coming out that will be damaging to his legacy. But we know he won't leave, and does he have enough yes men in the board to overlook this stuff and let him still run things behind the scenes?

I'm also curious how if any of these hush payments were handled within the company, and if there are offshoots to these hush payments too, similar to the paralegal who got a company raise at one point, etc. With whoever these women are, were they also given caveats within the company besides the hush payment?

Kinda crazy/sleazy/fucked up he's paid off women over 5 times more than it costed him to buy WCW!

And we haven't even talked about the Rita Chatterton stuff that MAY start to resurface again more and more, and what about the gal at the tanning booth in Florida who claimed was sexually harrassed?

Staff member
Reaction score
Vince should sell his shares, but he isn’t going to because he doesn’t think he did anything wrong and people cheer him when he walks out there. So that’s that. Nobody can force him so that’s just the situation.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

14bR.gif

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Vince should sell his shares, but he isn’t going to because he doesn’t think he did anything wrong and people cheer him when he walks out there. So that’s that. Nobody can force him so that’s just the situation.
Yep

The allegations have been out there for years, nothing has changed. Until the fans stop watching, nothing will change. But I’m not gonna blame people for still watching the product, im not here to tell people what to do with their hard-earned cash.