Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Vince McMahon paid someone off in January for sexual misconduct

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
VKM being investigated for 3 million dollar settlement with female employee he was having an affair with:

"The first email, sent to board members on March 30, alleged that Mr. McMahon, 76 years old, initially hired the woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after beginning a sexual relationship with her. The email to the board also alleged that Mr. McMahon "gave her like a toy" to Mr. Laurinaitis. The board is investigating the allegations in the email, the people familiar with the inquiry said."

Staff member
Reaction score
VKM being investigated for 3 million dollar settlement with female employee he was having an affair with:

"The first email, sent to board members on March 30, alleged that Mr. McMahon, 76 years old, initially hired the woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after beginning a sexual relationship with her. The email to the board also alleged that Mr. McMahon "gave her like a toy" to Mr. Laurinaitis. The board is investigating the allegations in the email, the people familiar with the inquiry said."
this.jpg

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Worst case scenario: Vince takes an extended "leave of absence". Best case scenario is that he's forced to sell the company.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Is this maybe partially the reason why Steph bailed so suddenly? I still am confused what that really was all about too but wouldn't be shocked if this tied into this somehow in a sort of "I dont want to be around when the shit hits the fan" type thing.

So Vince pimped this same woman out that he did a hush money payment with to Laurinaitis as well? Yikes. So much for the marriage to the Bellas mom working out after this coming out.

The next bomb to drop on this probably is that this was an actual worker in the company whom he was having an affair with?

Things like this and the Steph departure makes me think the plan is to try to sell this fucking company off to someone ASAP

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I got to imagine this fast tracks a sale. Maybe we will see a McMahon-less WWE even sooner than we expected.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So apparently the woman in question was a paralegal with the company in 2019 so that negates my previous thought this could potentially be an on screen personality, either worker or a backstage interviewer, etc. My first impression was that I thought that this was potentially Charli Caruso or Cathy Kelly or someone else in those positions.

That said, apparently there are a bunch of secret hush hush non disclosure agreements with other former talent that are starting to be revealed internally which might make this whole situation even more fucked up.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Legit surprised it's taken so long to have this come ou because I feel like everyone had the inkling.

Also Bray totally knows something.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
We know about the on-screen element of WWE but as Vale alluded to, I'm more surprised something hasn't broken out related to all of the office personnel and if VKM is paying out hush money that's probably a large reason why.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
The realistic scenario for pushing Vince out is sponsors, partners and advertisers bail and his position and company become untenable.

My gut feeling is it depends on if another, similar payoff comes to light in the near future.

Staff member
Reaction score
Vince isn't going anywhere. He controls 80% of voting shares, but he only owns 37% of total shares. There's not enough juice to squeeze out of that as to make it worthwhile. Board can't do anything either.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is there a Donald Sterling* type scenario where Linda can declare he's mentally unfit to lead and sell his shares?

It seems pretty unlikely. I also highly doubt a Joe Paterno scenario where he dies from being heartbroken over his fall from grace because A. Vince has no shame and B. I don't think even a WWE Cuck venerates him as a great, upstanding human being. I think Vince is probably teflon likes his buddy DJT.

*TIL Donald Sterling is still alive.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone will take his side and find a way to villianize the victim for "Breaking" the NDA. Makes me sick.

Valeyard

Reaction score
At least wait until it happens, you hypochondriac.

Reactions: SFH

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I guess this was what Meltz was alluding to a few days(?) ago when he said something huge in WWE was brewing but couldn't say what it was. Vince will get through this and will never relinquish control of his company unless Nick Khan is some kind of fuckin' corporate ninja.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Also, did Bray Wyatt know something about this? Meltzer said recently that he was released due to something he couldn't talk about.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Meltzer mentioned that while Vince and Linda are still legally married, they've been separated for years. Not that Vince wasn't running around on her before the separation but it was an interesting tidbit.

Hey, my parents were still legally married up until my father's death even though they separated when I was really young.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I also read (probably taken from that Meltzer report) that Vince & Linda have lived in different houses for years.

They sound more and more like the Sterlings the more it comes out. Hopefully, Vince didn't slur @Magic Johnson .

I wonder if that job from Trump was to keep Linda on the hush hush.
Man, how poetic would it be if WWE played a role in Trump's ascendance and his downfall. Me and Snuffy can dream.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I wonder what kind of paralegal Vince got JR.