Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Walter Cronkite at Death's Door

Slickster

Posts 3971 Registered on Feb 11 2002, 05:18 PM
Reaction score
NEW YORK, June 27 (UPI) -- The family of Walter Cronkite has issued a statement saying the longtime U.S. TV news anchor "is very ill and is not expected to recuperate."

The statement was issued in response to recent news accounts on the health of Cronkite, 92, who became known as "the most trusted man in America" during his long tenure as anchor of "The CBS Evening News," E! Online reported Saturday.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/06/27/Cronkite-not-expected-to-recuperate/UPI-97871246155838/

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
People never died before this week!

Preemptive RIP for Walter Concrete.

Agent of Oblivion

Faded as fuck
Reaction score
Don't really see the name "Cronkite" very often. Does anyone here know of another person with the surname Cronkite? I find that interesting.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agent of Oblivion said:
Don't really see the name "Cronkite" very often. Does anyone here know of another person with the surname Cronkite? I find that interesting.
I haven't seen it either. I'm guessing it's one of those where the spelling has been modified somewhere along the line. Probably originally Dutch, "Kraankijt" or something.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Cronkite's work and reputation are the main reasons I considered a journalism career and made it my major in college.

RIP

CBright7831

2016/17 Poster of the Year
Reaction score
My mom remembers JFK's assassination and watching the moment that Cronkite took off his glasses for a moment - as if he was about to break up in tears. She always talks about that moment whenever JFK is brought up. And then there was the moon landing - which the anniversary is coming up shortly.