Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Bitch: WWE in Spring/Summer 2022

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another WrestleMania Weekend is in the books and consensus is it was ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD despite some awkwardness.

What's next for The Tribal Chief? What will CODY! Cody Rhodes say with a live mic tonight on RAW? Will there be any wackiness with the first RAW after WrestleMania with a crowd in three years?

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
that cody promo sucked. in general that raw was fine but for a raw after mania it was blah. Nothing on it made me want to dive for the remote (aside from carmella but she always does) or beat my head against my desk, which is a huge change from when i normally try to watch. I'll watch SD if I'm home in time.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, in hindsight, I'm glad I didn't stay for Raw in Dallas. I was going back and forth about it, but reminded myself the Raw after Mania hasnt been quality in years really. I felt like there was a few moments of the show feeling a bit overtly special, but it was few and far between. I felt there was more misfires and "huh?" moments than not. The Elias/Ezekial thing is a total trashfire that isn't going to work, Veer's debut could have been worse but still felt awfully pedestrian, the NXT title switch had me really scratching my head at the whys of that one, The Omos/MVP thing probably would have been better served for Mania really (or even prior to build further interest in that match at Mania), the in-ring promos felt generic (except Codys, which I thought had strong moments), tag bouts felt kinda just there, and then there was the Roman bait and switch promo to end the show.

Kinda felt like just to make this show end stronger, they should have just done Owens vs Cody as the TV main instead of just doing it dark too. Kind of concerned on what the next direction for KO is going to be too, I hope its not putting over the former Elias in an effort to try to get him over.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Dude looks like shaved lemur.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He looks like a Hallmark Movie's version of a wrestler. That dude runs an upscale bakery that caters to food snobs but Danica McKellar finds out he is an indy wrestler across the state lines and donates all his paychecks to charity. She also thinks wrestling is very real and has a panic attack watching him take a Tiger Driver 91 from a cameoing Mike Knox.

Honestly, he just looks like if Elias gave up his brooding acoustic schtick and sold out to be the next 1970s Neil Diamond. He should come to the ring to "I've Been This Way Before" and his finisher should be called Beautiful Noise.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
He looks like a Hallmark Movie's version of a wrestler. That dude runs an upscale bakery that caters to food snobs but Danica McKellar finds out he is an indy wrestler across the state lines and donates all his paychecks to charity. She also thinks wrestling is very real and has a panic attack watching him take a Tiger Driver 91 from a cameoing Mike Knox.
I would watch this, if only because of Danica McKellar

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He should have prerecoded a bunch of shit before he shaved so he can do some really goofy skits cuttinbg back and forth of him "talking" to his brother.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can’t believe they made a guy with a great look completely change it for no reason.

When he first started talking, I got the sense of a “born again” cult leader type character. Hopefully they go towards something like that than whatever this is suppose to be.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tribal Chief Vs Shinsuke Nakamura for main event of Backlash? I can get behind that. Looks like I'll be watching at least one more WWE show this year.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Miz/Cody promo didn't do anything for me aside from laughing a little at Miz constantly correcting Cody for using the wrong terms ("it's a title not a belt", "superstar", etc)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally getting a chance to read up on RAW this week. So WWE is rewarding Kevin Owens for carrying WM Night 1's main event by having him do a comedy feud with Elias' twin brother Ezekiel?

I hope being the opponent for Austin's comeback match was worth resigning with WWE on its own cause I'm afraid it might be the only good thing to happen to KO this contract cycle... :confused:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I don't know. I actually kind of like how it's playing out. It gives Elias a shot at doing something completely different and if anyone is going to try and sell a feud like this, it's Owens.

I'm just not sure what the payoff is. Is this a Abyss/Joseph Park situation where it's revealed their actually the same person or will Zeke just go away after a few months because the booking team got bored and Elias will return like nothing happened?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Finally getting a chance to read up on RAW this week. So WWE is rewarding Kevin Owens for carrying WM Night 1's main event by having him do a comedy feud with Elias' twin brother Ezekiel?

I hope being the opponent for Austin's comeback match was worth resigning with WWE on its own cause I'm afraid it might be the only good thing to happen to KO this contract cycle... :confused:
The great things about the KO contract occur every 2 weeks when it's direct deposited into his checking account. So he will have hundreds of great moments over the next 3 years.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KO has said in an interview that he basically is writing his character. Everyone thought Sami hated the stuff he was doing the last couple years and it turned out he loved it. Some guys just enjoy fucking around.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Being the Steen mark I was, this sounds like he's absolutely loving every second of it and will deliver some spotfest brawls with it that stand as the best work yet from Elias/Ezekiel.

I mean, KO is the guy who based an entire match with Brian Cage around how much punching his abs hurt, so he had to resort to biting-based offense, and it was the second best match on the card, so...

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
It's still crazy to think about how that was the weakest PWG show of the year and it delivered in three great matches, with all three great for different reasons.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
glanced at a recap and apparently not only Asuka but Mustafa Ali are back. Really hope Ali extracted some extra money or some shit.