Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Bitch: WWE in Spring/Summer 2022

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RAW opened randomly with Titus O'Neil talking about how WWE is a safe haven, a place where people can avoid current events, politics, religion, or anything controversial.

Gee. I wonder why they did that.

Seth Rollins/Riddle and Logan Paul/Miz added to the SummerSlam card. snoring noises.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I literally fell asleep three times during Raw last night, snoring indeed!

So what WAS the deal with the Titus thing anyway? Is this is a smokescreen to try to move away from the Vince stuff? It came off so pretentious.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wonder if they know that something else is going to drop soon and since they're in Titus' hometown, they figured they'd have him do a rah rah speech. Timing just seems odd cause the Vince assault/harassment story is out of the mainstream news cycle and I don't think Titus giving a rote feel good speech is going to convince anyone that wasn't already convinced by WWE.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, that was my thought too....maybe something else is about to drop and they are preparing a bit

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I also think it might've WWE's way of implictly saying "We're sorry. We promise we're not going to have Vince on TV again (for now)."

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Maybe that is it....whatever the case, such a weird start.

As it relates to this a bit, what is with ESPN doing massively positive press of the company lately? Did I see WWE is getting a fucking humanitarian award or something? Oy vey!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As it relates to this a bit, what is with ESPN doing massively positive press of the company lately?
Yeah. It's curious that The Ringer has done profiles on two new superstars with checkered pasts two weeks in a row. Theory last week and Riddle this week. And neither profile mentioned any outside of the ring controversies. They were essentially gussied up versions of something you'd read in WWE Magazine a few decades ago. Hmmmm.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Did the TV14 rating show last night or was it more tame than the Attitude Era?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nothing seemed different than normal reading the recap except for The Miz and Logan Paul talking about whether or not Miz had tiny testicles.

Which at least indicates that Vince's creative fingerprints are still on the product.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I think (not sure though) that they pulled back on starting TV-14 (and I didn't see any notice of it last night), but it's still in the plans apparently, just not sure when it would start. Maybe the Monday after SummerSlam?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
WWE having a Safe Space Era is my favorite thing ever

• Dino
Reactions: Laz

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's the weird thing about 99% of post '08 WWE booking, you can tell that most of the people in creative don't like they product so uh, how do they expect us to enjoy it?

This year's SummerSlam isn't anyone's idea of a dream card. I think best reaction it inspires "yeah, sure, that's fine. Maybe it'll be better in execution."

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, it feels half like a Mania redux event, with McAfee and Logan Paul back in the mix, and rematches of two of the major Mania matches in Bianca/Becky and Brock/Roman. Just such an uncreative lineup on paper.

The only match I am even remotely intruiged about is Liv/Rousey, and that is with pretty much zero build behind it on TV. Go figure.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like this is their way of phasing out women's tag titles entirely. Might as well since they never gave a shit about them from day one.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Edge is bringing back the Rated R Superstar character. Just in time for TV-14 back.

Maybe Conrad can help WWE finagle a BlueChew sponsorship for Live Sex Celebration Part II.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Triple H AND PG-14 are back? Truly a great time for all of us who love to SUCK IT.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
We haven't had rain in like a month outside of like one day. Everything is crunchy. So of course.