Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Bitch: WWE in Spring/Summer 2022

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Fightful is reporting that WWE wasn't seeing any growth under Stephanie which is why she stepped away. So what exactly are her and HHH's roles in the company right now? Are they just going to remain on payroll and not have any direct role in the company anymore? Are they completely exiled from the company? I can tolerate a Stephanie-less WWE but a company without HHH doesn't seem right despite what we all think of him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I assumed Stephanie walked away cause she knows WWE is going to sell within a year or two and she knows that she's not expected to be a major player in the new company.

I'm genuinely fascinated over the question over who the hell Disney, FOX, NBCUniversal or whoever buys WWE expects to run the creative side of things once they buy the company if not the McMahons?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
They'll just get Hollywood writers like WWE used to (still does?) and get some showrunners. Hell, maybe the show will be more compelling because of it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Freddie Prinze Jr seemed incredibly assured that wrestling was going to enter a new boom period once WWE is acquired by a media conglomerate. There is a precedent with Marvel & Star Wars in the past decade.

Although with that precedent, if you think WWE's fanbase is toxic now imagine how much worse it can get with some Hollywood bigwigs running it. Eeeeep!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For everyone wondering how awful WWE is going to be this summer without Roman or Cody, have no fear! Bray Wyatt is strongly hinting on his social media that he'll be making his WWE return soon!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
But...philanthropy as the future of marketing...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We are going to get a Pat McAfee-Seth Rollins match at SummerSlam that I am going to angrily give ****1/2 to, huh?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Freddie Prinze Jr seemed incredibly assured that wrestling was going to enter a new boom period once WWE is acquired by a media conglomerate. There is a precedent with Marvel & Star Wars in the past decade.

Although with that precedent, if you think WWE's fanbase is toxic now imagine how much worse it can get with some Hollywood bigwigs running it. Eeeeep!
I really don't think the fanbase is going to be worse because a major company is running it then when it's run by a rapist trump supporter.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE just announced John Cena is returning on the June 27 Raw.

So yeah there's the reaction to Roman and Cody being gone assuming this wasn't planned for awhile.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They did absolutely turn Edge face because of Cody’s injury so there’s some evidence they are panic shuffling here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's very WWE like that with their backs pushed against the wall and them being forced to create a new top face, they choose a 48 year old with a history of neck problems (who they've spent the last few months trying their damnedest to push his heel turn).

Then again, looking at the RAW roster, there's not a lot there that makes me say "oh yeah. That'd be GOOD!" so I can't really blame 'em. I'm glad that it looks like Finn Balor will get a big push again (even if it inevitably leads to him jobbing to Edge)

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They did absolutely turn Edge face because of Cody’s injury so there’s some evidence they are panic shuffling here.

I can't wait to hear Bruce Prichard talk about it ten years from now how it was the right time to break up this version of a heel faction less than two months into its inception.

Staff member
Reaction score
They turned Edge because his contract is up in January 2023, he probably told them he wants to team with Christian again, so it's time for him to put people over on the way out. It has nothing to do with anything else.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The timing is definitely because they need a top babyface with no Cody but his contract coming up is also a factor. There was zero build to the turn or Balor joining.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So is Apollo Crews shuttled back to NXT for good or are they giving Bron holding pattern opponents (like Dolph) because they haven't built up any credible ones from their own show?

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is his shoulder still messed up from WrestleMania? I know he signed that new deal that reduced his dates, but if memory serves, the only matched he’s worked since WrestleMania was a six-man tag. It’s crazy that they would have him win a match to unify the world titles, and now he’s going to go almost 4 months (at least) before his next title match.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@Laz :
leo-pointing.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
C show update for @Epic for the Summer. Not only did Judgment Day appear on Main Event, they didn't even go over! They lost via DQ after Priest through Rey Mysterio into a barricade.

WWE thinks so little of this new stable that they won't even put them get a clean pinfall on Domenik Mysterio on a show no one watches. SAD!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Pat McAfee challenged Corbin to a match at Summerslam. Has there ever been a time in WWE where multiple matches were announced for a PPV before the PPV before even takes place? Wrestlemania world title bouts don't apply. Not saying it's a bad thing but it feels like they kind of said "fuck it" to making MITB seem important after they had to move it from a stadium to an arena.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I feel like an openly-LGBTQ wrestler being booked as the heel in a handicap match against two pro-MAGA conservatives, both of whom are booked as babyfaces (during Pride Month, no less), is something that is depressingly on-brand for WWE.

Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like an openly-LGBTQ wrestler being booked as the heel in a handicap match against two pro-MAGA conservatives, both of whom are booked as babyfaces (during Pride Month, no less), is something that is depressingly on-brand for WWE.

I did some reading and had it enlightened upon me by others about what they did to Lita and...nothing in that company is an accident. They got people to cheer because Sonya is a heel but somewhere the person who put that together was having their joke played out for a laugh,.