Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WestWorld on HBO

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Very late in the game, but finishing this up now. Best show of 2016 hands down.

Reading through the thread, It kind of shows the variety of how good this cast is as I thought Thandie Newton ended up stealing the series midway and she wasn't mentioned. Evan Rachel Wood either wth. I was surprised at McPoyle basically being the 3rd or 4th main character of the show and while it took me a little bit to get used to, he ended up doing a great job.

If I had a nitpick, I really didn't care about most of the workers in the park outside of Bernard and Ford like Lorraine Bracco lookalike, shouty British guy, the other Hemsworth, the love interest from Creed, or sarcastic swearing girl and it made some of the first half tedious. But the show was fantastic once it trimmed the fat and the story/world building was so good. I want season 2 by April.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll have to rewatch last night's episode. I was falling asleep through most of it but I see people online today bitching about the episode.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’m caught up. Not loving this season yet. Can’t totally explain it. Just feel like I like the idea of the show better than the show right now. With the park going rogue I wonder how long the series can stay compelling.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
I’m caught up. Not loving this season yet. Can’t totally explain it. Just feel like I like the idea of the show better than the show right now. With the park going rogue I wonder how long the series can stay compelling.

I saw this quote about two weeks ago and now that I am finally caught up I agree with your sentiment. This season reminds me a little bit of how Lost played out in some ways that there was great character development in Season 1 and then when newer characters are introduced and are bigger players in the grand scheme and they don't stand out. I like some of the new people introduced and obviously you cannot judge without knowing the whole scope of the series, but I also feel like what made S1 great was the unknown and now some of what we have found out is good, but not great.

A good supplement to watching the show is the Westworld Recap show on the Ringer podcast network. They do a recap on Sunday and a theories show on Tuesday based on the previous episode.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2018/09/westworld-aaron-paul-cast-season-3-series-regular-1202464194/

I have to watch this now.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From what I've read about this season it sounds like they've went away from even trying to be a prestige show and have embraced being a True Blood or Dexter type sleazy trash tv show.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
yeah I'm enjoying the changes. still mysterious but not as confusing and faster paced

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Season 4 is starting in two weeks. I didn't watch Season 3, and I think I probably should watch all of Season 2 again, because there was a lot I was confused about or don't remember, and the first 20 minutes of S3 probably won't help jog my memory.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’ll probably watch it just for not having much in my backlog right now. I’m just not overly interested with the stuff away from the park.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’ll probably watch it just for not having much in my backlog right now. I’m just not overly interested with the stuff away from the park.

Haha. That's pretty much why I didn't watch S3 besides the first half of Episode 1.