Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WRASSLIN' and Sports Entertainment Images and Videos 2024!!!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not yet, but I want to. Last Easter time he was visiting his girlfriend at her other job and was asking me to help him spitball ideas for the swamp tour Easter gimmick and where to find large plastic eggs. I purposely didn't ask about his WWE stuff since they were pretty shitty to him on TV (and he wasn't exactly portrayed in a flattering way). He's a genuinely nice guy and was just stressing over making sure he delivered a memorable experience for the kids that spend their spring break on his tour. And when his girlfriend talks about him she just lights up like a Christmas tree.

I really do need to go on his tour. The gators in my ditch won't let me pet, so I might have a better shot with ZZ's gators.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn't Spivey and Hogan go to the same high school? At very least, they grew up in Tampa around the same time. So Hogan must have been OK with Dangerous Dan being his understudy if he didn't suggest it himself!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll raise you Okada throwing out Rainmaker bucks in an airplane
XSMXH44.jpg

dGcnTfi.jpg

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

why Tennessee?

Because that's where Buddy Lee (the actual founder of the promotion) was based.

At one point, Nick Gulas tried to blackmail them into shutting down by threatening to go to the newspapers and admitting that rasslin' was fake. Lou asked Saul Weingeroff for his advice and Saul (correctly) told him everybody knows wrestling's a work and that the newspapers didn't give a sh*it. So they called Nick's bluff and Gulas shut up like the b*itch he was. But then Buddy invested in the Inoki/Ali thing, they started bleeding money, and they were dunzo pretty fast.

Here's Lou in his own words:

It just became too much of a struggle financially as well as politically. Buddy Lee started it and invested in the ali/Inoki match. Need I say more? I kept the small towns going until the boys could find other work. We had a great time with it, but a guy cannot feed his family on good times. We did show Gulas up as far as talent and professionalism. Poor Nick - what a sad case.