Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WRASSLIN' and Sports Entertainment Images and Videos 2024!!!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Strange to think that within six months, WWF's reputation would be absolutely poisonous and no celebrity would want to willingly associate with them. Except Ray Combs apparently. It's just a survey, folks! It's just a survey!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

That time when Regal just said "fuck it" and randomly dropped a bunch of Smiths and Morrissey song titles on commentary.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Here's a real hodge podge promotion from Philly: Lee Marshall and DDP host, my old coworker Jules Strongbow pops in, Kokina Maximus is name dropped, plus Derrick Dukes, Larry Cameron, Ivan Koloff and of course JYD, who apparently supported his coke habit by wrestling on every indy TV show ever after 1989.
There's a fat jobber vs an equally obese Cousin Luke match that tickled me.
The Pitbulls (I believe the same guys as ECW(?) are there and cut a promo on the British Bulldogs and Killer Bees...in 1990!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Weirdly, there was an IWA DVD set that I rented on Netflix like ten years ago. This was the one Eddie Mansfield ran and was the first pro wrestling promotion that ran at Universal Studios. I remember some absolutely empty looking tapings in front of the Nickelodeon Studios and appearances from a very young Smoking Gunns! I wonder if it's the same IWA? DDP was in both.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When I was a little kid, I used to think The Rockers and Ultimate Warrior had the same theme (and that's why it made sense they teamed together at Survivor Series '89!)

Also rare commentary teams there too; Gorilla and Sean Mooney!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I believe this match was covered in one of those Arena Reports or whatever the Wrestler/Inside Wrestling called the (alleged) fan sent in match main event descriptions w/ the rest of the results listed below it and the head shots of the main eventers above it.
I remember very clearly that the report ended by saying Backlund looked uncomfortable with the decision or something like that, which fits the online match reviews.
The one match I remember being baffled by even as a mark was a report from Italy or something of a WWF show in 1987 being headlined by Volkoff vs Outback Jack.
--
I did love those things as sometimes the matches sounded awesome, such as when Don Muraco won a random house show battle royal after being left 2 on 1 vs Demolition, due to Jake the Snake tossing Damien on Demolition, leaving Muraco the opening to dump them.
---
In 1992 the Wrestler or Inside Wrestling had a photo spread from recent matches, and it included a battle royal that Tatanka lost, which left 10 year old Brody crestfallen as in my mind that meant the unbeaten streak was over.