Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STWW is covering Hercules this week, @BruiserBrody .

I'm having a hard time imagining what you can talk about RE: Hercules for an hour plus. But I hope someone asks why he wore trunks that exposed a third to a half of his ass cheeks.
I'm finally getting a chance to listen to this---and it is the best STWW I've heard in a long time. Which proves my theory that the only good episodes of AFS podcasts are obscure topics where the guys can relax and explore some forgotten memories and not have to worry about THAT DIRTSHEET JOURNALIST PIECE OF TRASH MELTZER!

And today's STWW is on his 2017 Impact run. (I promised myself I wouldn't make noises in my posts but it's hard at times)

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I'm finally getting a chance to listen to this---and it is the best STWW I've heard in a long time. Which proves my theory that the only good episodes of AFS podcasts are obscure topics where the guys can relax and explore some forgotten memories and not have to worry about THAT DIRTSHEET JOURNALIST PIECE OF TRASH MELTZER!

And today's STWW is on his 2017 Impact run. (I promised myself I wouldn't make noises in my posts but it's hard at times)
Have you been vanity searching the chat too?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
John Arezzi this week is covering an episode he did live 30 years ago this week from Scores Gentleman Club in Manhattan with special guests Missy Hyatt and Jason Hervey.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Foley is Pod is a pretty damn good listen so far, but that's obvious because Foley is always a good listen.
Listened to the first episode today, and liked it. Gotta wonder how many they put in the can. Episode came out a week ago, and Mick mentioned that the Super Bowl had just happened.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I think Foley's arguably the smartest guy when it comes to having a podcast, just because he's absolutely going to make a tour out of it in some fashion and keep it interesting.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Random TNA Bullshit crosspost.

83 Weeks is on Aces & Eights featuring special guest Bully Ray.

Between Bischoff and the Bully, Idk if my ears can handle THE HEAT they're going to drop.

(Everyone just wanting to hear about the Monday Night Wars this morning: What the hell is Aces & Eights!?)

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Sean Oliver (Brody cheer!) is now under Conrad's umbrella. Nash pod w/ Oliver coming soon...
He and Steve Kaufman run down a little behind the scenes stories of the KC shoots they are releasing on YT for the month.
I'm enjoying the little stories about each guy behind the scenes. (Duggan's drinking, Jerry Jarrett books a high spot for his own shoot interview, Vader using uppers, etc)
I reviewed probably 75 percent of KC's releases for CXF but I never bought the late release of Butch Reed covering his Superdome main event vs JYD. So I watched it this weekend and it was bleh... Reed is positive, doesn't have a whole lot of specific memories and won't talk ring rats since his wife is known to wear the pants and hanky panky would probably make things tough on old man Reed.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's JR and guest co-host Eric Bischoff covering Hulk Hogan in '93 WWF and his '02-'03 run, @BruiserBrody !

This must've been recorded when Conrad was laid up.

I'm morbidly curious to hear what the two most easily aggravated AFS hosts (who have a personal animosity towards each other) sound like.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's JR and guest co-host Eric Bischoff covering Hulk Hogan in '93 WWF and his '02-'03 run, @BruiserBrody !

This must've been recorded when Conrad was laid up.

I'm morbidly curious to hear what the two most easily aggravated AFS hosts (who have a personal animosity towards each other) sound like.
Oh shit! That's a combo I have to give a chance to! Especially about Hogan.
Since Corny just dropped a pod and GFA Live is likely to drop Saturday, I may not get to it for a few days...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looks like 83 Weeks has a Mongo episode on the docket.

Idk if there'll ever be a podcast I quit and come back to as much as this one. Damn.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Rene Dupree's podcast has been a guilty pleasure of mine over the last month or so. The episodes are fairly short and he has a lot of guests from lowercard 2000s WWE and TNA. This week's episode has special guest Doug Basham!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh shit! That's a combo I have to give a chance to! Especially about Hogan.
Since Corny just dropped a pod and GFA Live is likely to drop Saturday, I may not get to it for a few days...
It wasn't spectacular.
JR does his usual platitudes without saying anything as he doesn't likely remember or have stuff to say about his interaction w/ Hogan in 1993.
Eric did amuse me by talking about a "Hogan Tax" where once you sign Hogan you have to spend extra money to bring in his toadies. Then 15 mins after that comment Eric says he himself only went to TNA because Hogan wanted him.
They spin off talking about AEW. JR uses his code words to bury Orange Cassidy while also putting him over. JR also said Tony Khan had him call only certain segments on "RAW" after the PPV.
Eric seems to have his stories mixed up as he basically says Hogan's black eye at WM 9 was due to a Ski-doo accident, but seems to imply that Beefcake's massive facial injury happened at the same time, when the water accidents are 2 separate incidents (assuming Savage didn't actually pop him at WM 9).
JR speaks of how Savage didn't want to be an announcer. Now I'm wondering if there is a little something to the Herb Kunze rumors of Macho Man talking retirement in 91 and 92, thus making Vince feel he's not in for the long haul and forcing Vince's hand to bench him.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Good Lord they broke this down minute by minute:
DISCLAIMER 00:06 INTRO 02:18 Kevin Nash on the Podcast world 02:51 "Another Wrestling Podcast?" 03:31 Kevin Nash's Basketball career 05:43 Do you watch RAW every week? 07:07 "Nobody has any heat" 08:31 Seth Rollins "Making Eggs" 10:10 Kevin Nash working with young WWE wrestlers 11:27 John Cena coming to Laredo, Texas? 12:23 Pro-Gun coffee company 17:18 An 10 year old FORCED to leave Ohio for Abortion 18:48 The Lack of Debate in this country 21:14 Will Nash ever run for office? 26:04 BREAK: BLUECHEW 27:58 Kevin Nash on Matt Borne claiming he should have never broken into the business 30:34 Driving with Lou Albano 32:40 BECAUSE FLORIDA or DIRTY JERSEY 34:57 Today Topic: Scott Hall 39:48 WHEN did the Kliq form? 42:00 The Kliq traveling together while working together 45:32 Including Hall's drinking on TV 47:20 The Kliq vs Vince McMahon 48:55 Jim Cornette's take on the curtain call 52:06 When did Sean Waltman start riding with the Kliq? 54:23 BREAK CARSHIELD 56:08 WHO Trained Scott Hall? 57:27 Scott Hall beating up Marty Jannetty 58:37 Scott Hall working in Japan 01:02:01 Who invented the "toothpick gimmick" 01:02:33 Working with Raven 01:03:17 How far could Scott Hall have gone? 01:05:23 The Razor Ramon Character 01:06:39 When did Nash decide to leave WWF? 01:09:07 WCW's schedule vs WWF's schedule 01:10:28 Hall & Nash's WCW contracts 01:12:06 First time Nash runs into Vince after leaving WWF 01:13:50 Hall & Nash in WCW 01:15:43 Wrestlemania 18 01:18:20 Scott Hall's health 01:20:25 Scott Hall's divorce 01:21:37 Scott Hall's son Cody 01:23:39 When Scott Hall broke his other hip 01:28:31 Nash's last moments with Scott Hall 01:30:54 How are Scott Hall's kids? 01:32:31 How did WWE handle Scott Hall's passing? 01:34:36 Will there ever be another Scott Hall? 01:36:01 Scott Hall's PTSD 01:38:04 COVID's effect on Scott Hall 01:40:16 BREAK: Ultimate Wrestling Trivia 01:42:16 QUESTION: Biggest Hot Head 01:45:13 QUESTION: Wrestling Handshakes 01:46:22 Harley Race Story 01:49:40 QUESTION: Eric Roberts' acting 01:52:14 QUESTION: Who calls the match? 01:54:02 QUESTION: Will you ever write an autobiography? 01:55:49 QUESTION: Was it ever considered to give you a gimmick closer to your life? 01:57:09 QUESTION: Pre-Match Routine 01:59:12 OUTRO

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope Conrad has gotten the hint that no one but nobody really wants to listen to Paul Bromwell as Jon Alba's been fill in for 83 Weeks last two weeks. Pauly B's kiss up, softball style is fine enough with Angle but he really gives off Grover Dill energy anytime he is with any of the cranky boomers.

Plus I like to see Alba get some shine since he was a local indie manager here before he became a tertiary wrestling insider.

I see that AFS had to put out a "Conrad is OK and going to be back ASAP!" update today. So Brody's death wishes may or not wait a bit longer.

FRIG- Pauly B is co-hosting for the nWo 2000 Part 2 episode of My World with Jeff Jarrett I have in the queue.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nash is still insistent he didn't book himself over Goldberg. This week's Between the Sheets refuted that point when they were breaking down the Hogan reign of terror backstage.

--
Nash is also still saying WCW gave him a raise due to JR mentioning Razor and Diesel were returning to WWF. That one still doesn't pass the smell test for me as they had contracts pen to paper for another 2 1/2 years+ at that point,