Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kevin Nash on his favorite podcasts: I listen to Rogan sometimes, I like Tom Segura, me and my son listen to Chris D'Elia.

Damn. I guess Sean Waltman is now my new favorite member of the Kliq (just in time for his birthday!)

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I too am put out by a lack of rigid agreement with myself when it comes to celebrities of all genres.

Also while I don't give a fuck I am a bit of a hypocrite as since finding out Ruby Soho thinks the original Suspiria is one of the worst movies ever made I can't look at her the same. But still.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Listening to the Nash podcast now and about a half hour in and it is already p. great. It has more of a laidback, free form talk radio feel to it then the tired AFS formula.

Even the ad reads feel loose and natural although Idk if anyone except @BruiserBrody wanted to hear Sean Oliver creating a scenario where Baron Mikel Scicluna finds himself unable to achieve an erection while trying to get it on with a ring rat after a circa 1979 WWF show.

They discussed the idea of Nash running for political office. Bah Gawd, I never thought I'd find myself wanting to move to Florida but if Nash runs...I'd have put aside his fandom of Chris D'Elia aside though!

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Listening to the Nash podcast now and about a half hour in and it is already p. great. It has more of a laidback, free form talk radio feel to it then the tired AFS formula.

Even the ad reads feel loose and natural although Idk if anyone except @BruiserBrody wanted to hear Sean Oliver creating a scenario where Baron Mikel Scicluna finds himself unable to achieve an erection while trying to get it on with a ring rat after a circa 1979 WWF show.

They discussed the idea of Nash running for political office. Bah Gawd, I never thought I'd find myself wanting to move to Florida but if Nash runs...I'd have put aside his fandom of Chris D'Elia aside though!
Yup, despite my 2 eye rolls I mentioned already, it was a fun watch. I hope they drop the Dirty Jersey vs Florida Man bit as I thought that was lame, so of course it was one of the first clips they tossed on youtube.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Listening to this podcast. There’s a certain type of unhinged ranting you’ll get from an old man who’s watched too much Fox News. Ventura has the same argumentative style from the other side. He’s bright, but he’s also nuts.
I see you don't buy into his theory about microwave guns taking down the Twin Towers!

I have the box set of "Conspiracy Theory w/ Jesse Ventura" because of course I do.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
listened to this doing Sunday morning chores and Jesse Ventura definitely has Grampa Simpson energy.

Yang/Ventura 2024 is definitely a TSM dream ticket.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For anyone looking for semi-obscure topics on mainstream wrestling podcasts, Foley is Pod is covering Eddie Gilbert this week. Could be almost as interesting as Diesel describing pulling his pud.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Picking some spots to listen to the last 2 Nash pods using the breakdown of topic times provided.
Apparently they are getting around 25K downloads. Not really sure if that's good or not.
Nash ends this week's pod revealing the way Super Shredder actually dies is due to a combo of Blue Chew and a slip of one of his shoulder blades....

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think NASH is going to be a must listen to every week as I originally thought it might be :/. That's OK. I only have space for 3-4 in the weekly rotation tbh. Nash casting a hypothetical Kliq Movie last week didn't perk my interest whatsoever but as someone who likes tales of the minor actors of Hollywood, I'm looking forward to this week's episodes on Big Kev's acting career.

Edit- I really hope that Nash and Sean Oliver really are going to cover the Bunkhouse Stampede next week. Nash is the one wrestler turned podcast host I want to hear about shows he wasn't involved in.

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think NASH is going to be a must listen to every week as I originally thought it might be :/. That's OK. I only have space for 3-4 in the weekly rotation tbh. Nash casting a hypothetical Kliq Movie last week didn't perk my interest whatsoever but as someone who likes tales of the minor actors of Hollywood, I'm looking forward to this week's episodes on Big Kev's acting career.

Edit- I really hope that Nash and Sean Oliver really are going to cover the Bunkhouse Stampede next week. Nash is the one wrestler turned podcast host I want to hear about shows he wasn't involved in.
Ep 2 highlights are Nash talking about his upbringing (I probably heard this in his youshoot or something, but it fell on fresh ears). His mom was poor and his Dad met her at work and helped her rise out of poverty and they had 3 kids together before Nash's dad died suddenly at 36. Nash then had to live in a tiny place with a single parent.

Then he does a semi serious/semi jokey recap of the infamous Raw where he blew out his quad in a 10 man. (Nash says he wasn't medically cleared due to a torn bicep. They had to fly in his gear and Nash worked without his knee braces.)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“Parallel’s.” Connie making money hand over fist, but he still apparently can’t afford someone to edit the episode descriptions for his shows.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Shuli fucking sucks so I'd be out on that alone. Although he is at his best when dealing with the mentally handicapped.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Podcast of the year has dropped. MONGO BABY!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Time should've worked out so we could have a Stu Hart podcast.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn't someone just post here that Bobby Eaton was secretly a massive alcoholic and it basically ruined his and his family's life?

Wait. This post isn't going to cheer you up at all, Brody!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn't someone just post here that Bobby Eaton was secretly a massive alcoholic and it basically ruined his and his family's life?

Wait. This post isn't going to cheer you up at all, Brody!
I'll never be able to wrap my head around someone making six figures from 1984-99 and somehow blowing it all.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My college film professor told an anecdote about working with Ernie Hudson that I think probably translates to the wrestling industry and any industry where you're in the public spotlight. You're always trying to compete with your peers. Most movie stars (or even actors on the level of Ernie Hudson) don't like the idea of living a frugal, "normal" life. You want to keep up with your peers and have new houses, cars, etc. Once the well dries up and you're not a big star anymore, it becomes harder to harder to keep up. If you're not a major star in your field, you either have to find a 2nd life behind the scenes or you have to scrape by, finding work where you can get it (like films with my college professor), and signing at weird conventions (true for wrestlers and Ernie Hudson!).

I'm sure Bobby Eaton felt some of that pressure living in Charlotte around so many wrestlers. That's not even factoring in any potential (and LOOSELY alleged) alcohol issues!

Last edited:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll never be able to wrap my head around someone making six figures from 1984-99 and somehow blowing it all.
This is a guy who was beloved in the locker room for always having supplies from aspirin to extra wrist tape to toothpaste to condoms that he would just give to the boys, out of his own kindness.

And from many accounts he extended the same to the neighborhood families so likely combining a lack of financial management, overt need to be a good guy and his own probable personal demons when his bookings dried up and his litany of health issues such as heart attacks and a broken hip all piled up, the money went with it.