Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling Games 2017-19, 2020 and beyond!

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I quit on 2K16 because of the grinding. The grinding isn't the worst thing in the world if they were to toss in a few distractions or mini-games to play. How about ribbing someone from the roster while on a plane trip across the Atlantic and having to use some stealth? Perhaps going to scout out some talent at NXT or the CWC or the UK thing they have going and finding a new tag team partner to bring up. These would be those CAWs of your friends plus some prefabricated ones that the designers made. Or they could add in commercials or guest appearances on TV shows. They could get Paul Heyman to act as your agent and have him lay down extensive voiceover work. Where's my mini-game to outlift Cena and Big E? There's plenty of stuff that they can do...

They just need to do something instead of waiting for The Authority to move you up to Raw or give you a small storyline that somehow still goes on too long.

BigD

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Re: Wrestling Games 2017

I feel like my game glitched and I'm stuck in limbo. I've been #2 in the NXT divison forever now while winning matches at maximum multiplier. I've been in a rivalry with Sami for 3 game months now but it doesn't do any of the rilvalry stuff besides put us in a match together every 2 or 3 shows and doesn't give any rilvalry points afterward.

BigD

Reaction score

So yeah, after being stuck in an endless feud and not moving up the ranks I had to switch divisons to tag and back to nxt championship to start over at #10. I've worked my way up to 5 and hopefully can make it all the way this time. My character already has a 91 rating and almost a million fans... still plugging away on NXT.

Would not recommend this game to anyone.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Well son of a bitch. I bought it on sale for Xbox One. We are talking about 2K17 right?

BigD

Reaction score

Yeah, you might like it though. I've just been playing for a couple hours a day for the past week now and am still tryong to escape my NXT hell. Maybe universe mode is fun.

BigD

Reaction score

Oh shit, 95 overall stats ranked 2 in division, 1.3 million fans, and here's my title match! Watch me lose it and not see another one for a week.

BigD

Reaction score

So I won the title and went straight into the Heavyweight title picture and am now ranked 10 in that division. Still holding the NXT title but I guess I'll never defend it since I'm only on RAW and SD now. Seems like more of the same... no real story developing. I'm waiting it out a couple of PPVs to see if a feud developes naturally or if I have to call someone out whoch I think is the case, but is stupid.

Hopefully I'll get to compete in some different match types now instead of regular with the gimmick PPVs.

Did I mention how bad the announcing is? I could be kicking someones ass and they talk about how even the match up is and always say I've used multiple finishers when I haven't. They have the same 10 or so lines that they just repeat every match.

At least accompkishing the authority challenges gives the matches a little more uniqueness.

BigD

Reaction score

First PPV on main roster was the rumble. Dropped my title via an authority challenge and went on to win the rumble. Went into WM with 0 build and beat Brock for the Wwe heavyweight title in the opening match. Title is the bling logo belt, but in my celebration scene I had the big gold belt. Became the bling logo again after. Laughably bad.

This unlocked Heyman guy challenge which looks like itll take 10 years to complete as you must win every title or win the WWE title 10 times or something else equally as ridiculous.

So I think I'm done with career mode. On to Universe mode!

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I don't remember in depth stories in prior career modes. Is this the first 2K game you're playing?

BigD

Reaction score

Yes, haven't played the career mode of a wrestling game since Here comes the pain.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I finally started playing career mode. Character creation takes way too long.
Somehow I skipped nxt and joined the main roster in a generic tag team.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Well I'm having fun with it playing random matches and messing around with Universe Mode.
I have played some of Career but it takes too long to create a character or generate enough points to get his stats high
I did create a second character and he also skipped nxt and went straight to the main roster.
So much for that nxt booster that came with the nxt character pack.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm not worried though. This game is like other fighting games or UFC 2 for me. It's a brief distraction while I take a break from serious long form rpg style games or longish fps like Gears.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So just for the hell of it, I did a 2K17 sim of the Rumble match on Saturday night and uploaded it to YouTube. It's gotten 6,300+ views since then. O_O

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I tapped out on this game. I need to quit buying these.I think I was trying to convince myself in the last post.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah this year's outing, imo, seems like the buggiest it's been in years.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

It's not just the bugs. It just feels bland and boring.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

tbh, I have a good time for the most part with Universe mode, as I like simming my own stuff and just making it up as I go along.. but the bugs have really gotten in the way of being able to fully enjoy it.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I really played the random storyline events the most in previous years. Like the HBK/HHH feud and the Punk/Cena feud. I don't know why but that stuff was a lot of fun and I liked unlocking people doing that.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I enjoy playing it with my nephews but I've never done anything more than random matches with them.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I played it for a few weeks back in August when it was first released. I hope it's gotten better.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Some of these entrances are legit great..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXJpm4jnVI

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Also, based Wolfpac theme finally in a WWE game!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GulTSvTuMs&t=6s

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score

The Stinger Splash looks like shit in these games.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnAsRsP9dW4

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

LMAO this is kind of amazing: https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/833969857393721344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score

The wrestlers look realistic but the animation needs work. If this is the next generation of Fire Pro, count me it.