Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling References in Unexpected Places

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...that makes it even better. Really hope he busts out "Miseria Cantare Pt. 1" as an intro for a special entrance, though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Wait, that's his real voice? Now, I want to see King Shark, in a boxing match.

EDIT - Or wrestling, whatever. I don't know who Tony Deppen is.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
@King Kamala one piece has just short of 1000 episodes and about 15 movies so better get started. MiSu is completely obsessed with it. He appears on podcasts about it all the time and things like that. It is probably one of the best anime of all-time so as always MiSu has imppecable taste.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not a direct reference but Police Academy 4 was on tv today and the guy who plays Proctor really looks like Greg Gagne.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want a camera in Wal-Mart's men's clothing department when Brode asks one of his co-workers for something with a big fit.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was just about to post that in the AEW thread. I don't watch that channel often but happened to catch the right time. Good stuff. I think Orange Cassidy made some new fans in the studio.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Excalibur is the guest on this week's episode of Doughboys. I guess it's not TOO unexpected since Joey Janela and Colt Cabana have previously been guests. Probably surprised there aren't more considering how often wrestlers have to eat at chain restaurants.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised to see Paul Orndorff make NBC News' "Celebrities that passed away in 2021" video package last night.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watched season 1 of Hacks this week (highly recommended) and one episode had a main character’s mother talk about ordering the Royal Rumble at his house. His boyfriend then mentioned he was obsessed with the Divas back in the day and mentioned Jacqueline, Ivory, Lita and Trish by name (IIRC).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was watching The Next Thing You Eat, the new David Chang Hulu docuseries on the future of food production last night. During the beginning of the burgers episode, they had a montage of fast food YouTubers and THE BIG GUY showed up. I got excited for a second before I had to explain to my lady who RYBACK is.