Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling References in Unexpected Places

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Humans of New York today is profiling an HIV positive, former meth dealer who overcame addiction and became a high end restaurant manager. Man's name is Johnny Gargano. Which wouldn't be too much of a distraction if the guy didn't keep referring to himself in the third person.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reading an article about MAGA candidates who won their primaries and in Connecticut, the Trump endorsed candidate won the US Senate primary over Connecticut House of Representatives minority leader Themis Klarides.

And that triggered my New Generation Era addled brainwaves. THEMIS KLARIDES!? She was a RAW Girl and ex girlfriend of Shawn Michaels!
newspress-collage-22972570-1657974039035.jpg

And I guess it's a commentary on the state of the Republican Party in 2022 that the person who dated Shawn Michaels in the '90s is the more respectable candidate.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
And that triggered my New Generation Era addled brainwaves. THEMIS KLARIDES!? She was a RAW Girl and ex girlfriend of Shawn Michaels!

And I guess it's a commentary on the state of the Republican Party in 2022 that the person who dated Shawn Michaels in the '90s is the more respectable candidate.

Pretty sure they were actually married at some point.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tbf, you're not really missing out on a current pop culture reference but you're missing out on an early 2010s pop culture reference. That's the men of MTV's Jersey Shore with Liv Morgan!

Mostly unrelated sidebar
220px-Electricians_Mate_2nd_Class_Amber_Pedersen_takes_a_photo_with_WWE_wrestler_Liv_Morgan_during_a_tour_aboard_USS_Iwo_Jima_%28LHD_7%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Liv's Wikipedia profile picture isn't particularly flattering. I do love the custom spray painted hard hat though!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
"Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...how'd raging against that machine work out for you? Did it make you nice and rich? Well, richer, since you, like me, come from the Ivy League?"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RJ City appeared on my colleague's classic TV Guide podcast this week to talk about 1950s television. Although I guess if any wrestler would show up somewhere to pontificate about 70 year old TV, it'd be either him or Mick Foley.