Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE Crown Jewel 2021

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is going to sit around on a weekday and watch this blood money show but WWE's treating it like a Big 4 PPV so who knows?

WWE Crown Jewel
October 21st, 2021
Live from Mohammed Abdu Arena on the Boulevard in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

WWE Universal Title Match

Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) Vs Brock Lesnar

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) Vs Bianca Belair Vs Sasha Banks

WWE Championship Title Match
Big E (c) Vs Drew McIntyre

Hell in a Cell Match
Edge Vs Seth Rollins

No Holds Barred Match
Bobby Lashley Vs Goldberg

King of the Ring tournament finals
Finn Balor Vs Xavier Woods

Queen's Crown tournament finals
Zelina Vega Vs Doudrop

WWE RAW Tag Team Titles Match
Rated rkBro (c) Vs AJ Styles & Omos

Mustafa Ali Vs Mansoor

I'm guessing will get some dumb battle royal and/or legends appearance to fill out the time.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I wonder if this is it for talent on this show or, like you said, are we getting some mishmosh battle royal to fill up time and talent. I'm wondering if since SD is something like 30 hours after this show, most talent are being held back in the states and this is the crew they are going with. The whole Saudi lawsuit results (WWE paying out of their ass) probably has them pairing down as little of talent as they can for these shows from now on, or in the least being very careful that the "problem children" (talent who would be vocal and public about Saudi shit) so to speak don't go.

I'm actually going to grin and bear it and watch this live Thursday. I have that day and Friday off work and since I'm not off to Vegas for BFG, I might as well. This probably is the best looking Saudi show on paper at least. So there's that.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've skipped most of the Saudi shows on principal but I got to say this is probably the best WWE card I've seen since WrestleMania so it'll be harder to stick my morals. :confused:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m really angry that they used HIAC and didn’t use the most deadly and feared PUNJABI PRISON.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saudi royalty probably doesn't want any reminders of the millions of unpaid Indian migrant construction workers hanging out nearby.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wait....the possible blow-off to Edge/Seth is a fucking Hell in a Cell out in the middle of bum-fuck Saudi Arabia? Like, I don't know if a fucking e-fed would ever be so stupid to do something like that. Oh well, can't wait for Mansoor to defeat the evil Ali and attain Sultan-hood.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll probably watch it if my sleep isn't totally fucked up which is hardly a guarantee. There's stuff that looks way more interesting that any other Saudi show and I'm using my brother's network account anyway.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I tuned in about twenty minutes early. As part of that portion they showed the Edge/Rollins promo video. The show starts, we get a four minute video introduction to the card, the announcers, and the Edge/Rollins video again. It’s kind of exhausting to get recap videos before every match.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
well xavier winning kotr is a legit feel good moment.

Goldberg took a crazy bump and was legit hilarious in his trash talk but the match was nothing special. ALthough by his standards it was probably pretty good.

Edge/Seth was very good although the ACTING at the end was a bit much. Both guys took some crazy bumps. I'd say its easily the best match on any of these shows.

This is definetly way above any of the previous shows.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Fairly quiet on reactions to this show, and took me forever to get back to the board to talk about it (busy weekend). I honestly thought it was easily in the top three of the best overall ppvs the WWE did this year shockingly, and I don't think it was just because of low expectations because of the past Saudi shows. This had pretty solid to strong matches across the board other than the Queens Crown final bout. I thought HIAC was a MOTY contender and that was the best Goldberg match in years. The last three matches also were very solid. Having a crowd that actually was 110 percent into everything helped too. This was a major shift from most of the crowds in Saudi during these shows, seemed like they let fans be fans instead of dictating what government friends were allowed to the event. Having it in what looked like a much smaller venue than the past shows seemed to help as well. Plus the camels, oh the camels!!!