Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Racism in wrestling (but mostly WWE) thread

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Re: WWE is a racist company

This and they still haven't given those NXT workers a pay raise since moving to USA. Going to enjoy that mutiny coming up for Triple H.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/Rich_Fann/status/1188851564376543235
Oh yeah. this definitely feels like someone who'll fall on the sword for this.

Also how is someone who graduated college two years ago running marketing for NXT!?

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

EH-b6LIX0AE0lqs

This is the lethal tweet he deleted btw

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/1188861615661293568

qC9OXEW.gif

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Everything he is saying is completely valid. Wrestling is full of institutionalized racism. But the way he’s going about it has to be him hoping to be released right?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Ryan Satin was saying on Twitter that he hasn't been at the WWE PC for a few weeks and he hasn't been on TV for almost two months. Looking at Cagematch, his last match at all for NXT was over a month ago.

https://twitter.com/DirtyDickinson/status/1188906829180559360
Woke Daddy

Also I think I'D LIKE TO DIE WITH MY BALLS N DIGNITY will be the name of the indy thread in 2020.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom/status/1188859164749111297

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score

Genuinely cannot wait for Rock to chime in. Will likely not happen, but lemme dream.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score

CookieMueller said:
Everything he is saying is completely valid. Wrestling is full of institutionalized racism. But the way he’s going about it has to be him hoping to be released right?
Eh I dunno about Jay Lethal being an Uncle Tom but outside of that yeah.

Staff member
Reaction score

All these people that are shitting on ACH for making a faulty statement or two seem to not realize a few things. One is that Jay Lethal probably did some shit to him that would make him say that, or why would he feel that way? Secondly nobody else in WWE is vocally speaking up in his defense, so this guy is effectively forced to either shut up and accept the racism, which effectively concedes that the racist shirt was not racist...or he has to take on this crusade all by himself without any older or more experienced wrestler speaking up on his behalf or advising him.

The last thing is that this issue illustrates how much wrestlers have fucked themselves over by ceding so much power to WWE. The other wrestlers can't speak up for him or they'll be taken off the road and have time added to their contract, humiliated and made to do horrible things like Rusev is now, etc. What ACH is doing is effectively sounding the alarm bells and telling people not to sign a contract and put up with that.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Fall of Epic said:
Yeah. Let's hear what a white guy from North Carolina has to think about this.

Hurricane got into a dumb argument with Ron Funches about racial stereotypes in WWE too. Whazupwitdat

The Jay Lethal shot was a nonsequitor but not undeserved.Although ironically, ROH is pushing more POC now than ever but it would've been nice if they were doing it when they had guys like ACH & Keith Lee instead of Kenny King & Shane Taylor!

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/booker-t-has-strong-words-for-jordan-myles-on-wwe-t-shirt-situation-defends-jay-lethal

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered said:
I'm so shocked Roy doesn't understand why someone would take a stand against racism.

And as always, never shocked when CWM and others here misread me

Put it in your basket brother. What the fuck did I type that made you think I don't or can't understand....fuck....anything? I was speaking to the lie

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score

And because it's PRO RASSLIN ONLY (sometimes)......I wish more people would be like ACH. I bet there's a shit-ton of people in the company who hate it there and regret their decision to sign there in hindsight.

But most importantly, how does KUSHIDA feel bout all this?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Foreign Agent Kamala said:
Fall of Epic said:
Yeah. Let's hear what a white guy from North Carolina has to think about this.

Hurricane got into a dumb argument with Ron Funches about racial stereotypes in WWE too. Whazupwitdat

The Jay Lethal shot was a nonsequitor but not undeserved.Although ironically, ROH is pushing more POC now than ever but it would've been nice if they were doing it when they had guys like ACH & Keith Lee instead of Kenny King & Shane Taylor!

He tried to equate being a small wrestler to being black. Fuck him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

He also talked about legitimately shoot fighting to earn his place on the card

Hitting Buff Bagwell over the head with a frozen water bottle for being a outspoken jackass=shoot fighting

whazupwitdat?

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score

The reality is that the WWE is Vince's playground......and he's basically Donald Trump. Racism is ingrained in his DNA

The sort of cool thing is, you don't have to put up with WWE's crap if you don't want to. My WWE fandom over the last couple decades has been in spite of the promotion almost, where I'm just rooting for the talent in the company to rise above and ride the wave of crap and get themselves over by osmosis. But it's a f'n mt to climb, with stupid obstacles put in your path

But tbh, ACH never gave me the vibe that he was going to be a breakout superstar that could get mega over. Which is why I thought him winning the "breakout" tourny was odd. I mean, there's a bunch of dudes in NXT I'd slot above him as far as singles pushes go...Shane Strickland and KUSHIDA for example, but whatever.

At the end of the day, until Vince and his quasi-racist idiot son in law are out of the picture.....nothing will change

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score

The way ACH is going scorched earth over this... It doesn't seem like the best way to go about things unless he's exhausted all avenues internally. There has to be something more that hasn't been reported. But I'm certain he has a point. And I don't want to say his methodology is wrong. He's a far bigger name he was 72 hours ago, even if he burned his bridges with his current employer.

And I'll say this much. Any wrestler who isn't a POC should probably refrain from throwing in their two cents.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

From the sound of it, ACH has been exhausting all avenues internally and that's why he's going scorched earth over this. I'm assuming him hemming and hawing over this has been why he's been off for over a month.

Also I want to point out for any "INDY WRESTLING IS MORE PURE AND WOKE THAN WWE" types that GCW, the promotion that is putting on "For The Culture", the all POC WrestleMania Week show, also promotes Shlak. Shlak, at best is an idiot who refuses to disavow that he was (is?) friends with a bunch of Neo Nazis and at worst, is an actual Neo Nazi.

Maybe For The Culture will end with everyone on the show beating up Shlak though.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

this is the same company that didn't really give a shit about the very disturbing things that lars believed and probably still believes, so

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://youtu.be/Fc3GpeVrpeo
But WWE showcases interracial couples, featuring President Trump's favorite athlete Bobby Lindsay.

MAYBE YOU ALL ARE THE RACISTS!!!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score

I wonder what a Saba Simba shirt would look like.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score

Cool said:
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/booker-t-has-strong-words-for-jordan-myles-on-wwe-t-shirt-situation-defends-jay-lethal

Booker's comments about how he never took to social media to complain about the racism that was levied against him ring totally hollow, in light of the fact that his in-ring career was essentially over by the time social media became a thing. It's not like we have a counterfactual for whether or not he would have taken to social media, had social media existed in 2003, and we're kind of forced to take his word for it.

That "Do it in my face because I will show you what an Uncle Tom really looks like" comment though, is... something.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Not anything race related (I don't think) but Booker has absolutely been vocal in interviews about his mistreatment dating back to his days in WCW prior to becoming world champ. This includes his sudden exit in 2007 after bitching that he didn't want to be fed to a returning HHH while his KOTR gimmick was still hot.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score

Fall of Epic said:
Not anything race related (I don't think) but Booker has absolutely been vocal in interviews about his mistreatment dating back to his days in WCW prior to becoming world champ. This includes his sudden exit in 2007 after bitching that he didn't want to be fed to a returning HHH while his KOTR gimmick was still hot.

Man, I'd actually forgotten about that. I remember it being such BS at the time that King Booker was red hot act and then they just turned him into a geek for HHH to kill. Again.

I don't remember who was writing/booking SD at the time, but I remember a major drop in quality when they shifted HHH to that brand. He actually had a decent match with Kozlov tho if memory serves, so it wasn't a total loss :p

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Part of me thinks that Booker T would've been a flamethrower just like ACH if social media had been around when he was on the roster but he stayed on the roster for four years after the storyline where Triple H did everything short of outright calling him the N Word (then going over) so idk.