Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE Network now brought to you by PIZZA, PEPSI and PEACOCK

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh man. I just signed up for Peacock and I tell you it's absolutely ass on my Roku. Does the article say what happens to current subscribers? I don't subscribe to WSJ (insert "What's New?" react) and couldn't read the full article. I might just cancel after the Rumble.

From the limited part of the article I could see, I'm under the impression that Peacock won't have the full WWE Network library, just the biggies.

Dandy

Reaction score
I have Peacock for free as an Xfinity internet customer. They gave me a box for free and it has the premium version of Peacock totally free of charge. I have not watched the WWE Network in a long time (mainly due to time as the kids dominate the TVs). I’m going to watch the Rumble live and immediately cancel. This is a win for me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So it sounds like all the WWE Network library will be carried over plus our subscriptions will roll over to premium Peacock subscriptions. Hell yeah.

Dandy

Reaction score
There exists people in this country that will not pay the $5 per month to get Peacock that includes The Office; many other shows and movies; and the entire library of WWE Network including live Special Events, but will pay $59.99 for Wrestlemania on PPV.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
There exists people in this country that will not pay the $5 per month to get Peacock that includes The Office; many other shows and movies; and the entire library of WWE Network including live Special Events, but will pay $59.99 for Wrestlemania on PPV.
Cornette litterally does this. I don't know why his wife Stacy can't just turn a Roku on for him. I'm sure he's explained this but I can't recall past his technophobia.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, there's the 0.1-0.2% of people who spend $60 on WWE PPVs but have no interest in watching The Office reruns and didn't vote for Trump.

"THIS GODDAMN BULLSHIT! ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE SO AWKWARD!"

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He refuses to get a new TV. That’s literally the reason. In his defense, he expenses it.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I had the same thought Kamala. It's one thing when old content is part of a "niche" like WWE Network. It's another when it's presented by a huge conglomerate like NBC/Peacock. And there is stuff in older wrestling that is frankly offensive.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
One thing about a $9.99 (or whatever) purchase point is that is not exactly the true cost. I'm paying for the service, the device I'm watching on and (most importantly) the service delivering the data. If internet distributors are capping or throttling data it's a bigger cost beyond that $9.99, to the point where you would rather pay the cable/satellite company who has a dedicated service line to you.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I just want the classic stuff. I can live without the current shows. I just want my territories and hidden gems and archives. If it's a full transfer, then fine, whatever. I just want the stuff I want.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fact that WCW & ECW libraries were mentioned in the press release makes me think at the very least, we've avoided worst case scenario of it just being all of the WrestleManias and current stuff,

But yeah my guess is this deal DEFINITELY serves as disincentive for WWE to add old stuff but I'd love to be wrong.

Dandy

Reaction score
If they are paying $200M for five years, you better bet everything you own on WWE being mandated to continue to add more content, especially fleshing out older libraries.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That’s been my thoughts on reading this. I’m sure right now Peacock is thrilled to boost their content library but being part of this, instead of a niche network, I worry it is much easier for them to stop releasing some of the older stuff and decide that not enough people view let’s say old territory shows so they take them down. Granted, WWE themselves hide chunks of the history of the business as much as anyone and could’ve done that themselves but I just feel when you become part of something bigger, even if you have an in-house team putting the work together, there is greater chance for stuff to be excluded or removed.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also I hope discussion of stars of WWE past (and current) getting paid royalties stirs up again now that Vince got that sweet NBCUniversal money.

Valeyard

Reaction score
If it's just a huge WWE section, basically the network under the Peacock name but with rights to all the big shows, I'm happy. Separate but exactly the same, archive-wise and less work for all involved.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed yet if Peacock is as AWARD WINNING as the AWARD WINNING WWE NETWORK though?

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I bet Fox is thrilled that it is paying a billion dollars to have a two-hour infomercial for a competing network’s streaming service. It’s one thing to mention Raw here and there, but this is literally “We have Roman Reigns on Fox, but if you want to see him in his big match this Sunday, subscribe to our rival NBC’s Peacock streaming service!”

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Should have ponied up some change and put it on the...FOX NOW app?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GREAT FUCKING MOVE GETTING RID OF YOUR PPV INCOME, EH?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Don't let money get in the way of business.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For those worried about Attitude Era and ECW stuff being censored, Peacock has movies like The Hostel series and The Cook The Thief His Wife & Her Lover available to stream. They also had the entire Saw series up around Halloween time. Those movies have far worse atrocities than the wrestling stuff, so I don't think there will be any censoring.