Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE: The McMahon-Helmsley Era Begins

King of Summer Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Peter Criss was backstage at RAW last night. No wonder why he's TSM's favorite KISS member.

Maybe Drew McIntyre couldn't get Willie Nelson to sing "Broken Dreams" at SummerSlam and this is his backup choice!

King of Summer Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It would be pretty stupid of them to put the title on the guy who literally just walked out the door on Friday and almost quit the company.
So did Brock legit almost storm out on Friday? It screamed worked shoot to me after Brock showed up at the end of Smackdown! but can BUTT or someone who subscribes to WON fill us in? Brock doesn't seem like a loyal "VINCE IS MY FRIEND!" type. He's walked out on him before!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brock ain’t stupid. He knows when the opportunity to milk the company for money arrives.

More than likely “here’s more money and don’t come back after the PPV” was the exchange

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nah cuz Brock knows they’ll call him back before Mania when someone gets hurt.

Again, he’s not an idiot.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Wrestlenomics reports that NXT is going to be doing a ppv on Peacock running head to head with AEW All Out on Sept 4. Not that I expect this to really affect AEW buys, but cmon. I think its a bad idea to keep up this formula of NXT big shows the same weekends as WWE ppvs, unless they intend to bring back Takeover events to tentpole around the major ppvs the night before....and not running against competition of any kind.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah in the streaming era, short of running NXT in the town that All Out is in, I don't really see the appeal of this. I can't imagine it takes too big of a chunk of out PPV orders and I can't imagine "missing out" on live social media discussion is that big of a deal for an NXT show.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE announced this morning that WrestleMania 40 will be at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. Sticking with the 2-night format.

I’m surprised that a northern market other than NY/NJ is getting an outdoor WrestleMania. I figured that if it ever did happen, they’d be more likely to run Soldier Field in Chicago. Philly is cool, though. Hope they get a better WM than the last one there.

King of Summer Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's going to be a 2nd weekend of April WrestleMania although Philadelphia is a bit less brutal weather wise than NYC.

I definitely want to try and make it down for the ROH/indie stuff. I promised myself I wouldn't miss a Northeast WrestleMania weekend after XXIX then my friend scheduled his wedding for WrestleMania XXXVI weekend. This time, barring catastrophe, no excuses!

Valeyard

Burn
Reaction score
That crowd is gonna eat them alive for two nights plus Raw when they fuck something up. So Roman should lose to Jake Paul in three minutes.

King of Summer Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That crowd is gonna eat them alive for two nights plus Raw when they fuck something up. So Roman should lose to Jake Paul in three minutes.
By 2024, there's a 50/50 chance Roman Reigns will have reached Rock/Cena status by then and won't even be on the show or will be revered by the fans who once hated him.

At current rate, maybe the whole card will be filled with YouTubers! Maybe to the Gen Zers at the show, me reminiscing about the Attitude Era and Monday Night War will sound like the old guys at WWF house shows when I was a kid who used to grouse about how they miss Chief Jay Strongbow and Crazy Luke Graham

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
The opening Triple Threat and Ford vs Rollins were both incredible. If this is what we have to look forward to, going forward, we’re all in for a treat.