Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
**screeeeeeeeeeeeeechy Joey Styles impersonation**

Can't wait to pirate this show.

Laz

Reaction score
Sure can't wait for Shlak to have another thing to make him seem like a white supremacist

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
munrapido3 wrote on 28.08.2021:
[0.0] "This event was the home of an attempted murder where New Jack actually tried to kill Vic Grimes after what Grimes did in Living Dangerously 2000. This event is a strong recommendation to AVOID"

Matt Cross - say it ain't so!
Missed this but XPW was actually the first "major" indie Matt Cross worked for so I KIND of get the loyalty here even if it's very dumb.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Rob Black is apparently friends with my friend’s friend lol. I was swinging by to fill out an application at my friend’s place this morning. He proceeds to tell me his friend told him he hangs out with Rob Black and of course my friend actually knew who that was, so he told him he’d bring him by sometime. So I may end up meeting him sometime at work.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just saw this on the Fite TV schedule. I want @Laz 's breakdown if he's not busy watching the Rob Zombie Halloween remakes (or the Donald Pleasance/Fear SNL)!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just saw this on the Fite TV schedule. I want @Laz 's breakdown if he's not busy watching the Rob Zombie Halloween remakes (or the Donald Pleasance/Fear SNL)!
Featuring special guest appearance from Kris Kloss!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess Rents a nice 2 bedroom condo Jimmy isn’t a draw .

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
With the current housing crisis, I feel like Homeless Jimmy's character would be more relevant than ever. SMDH.

Reactions: Laz

Laz

Reaction score
Really feeling the Homeless Jimmy love, boys.

COMPELLING

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I will take back some of the negative things I've said about Homeless Jimmy if his entrance is pretty much Goldberg's just him coming out of a tent on a corner and tweaker security with crackpipe pyro.

Laz

Reaction score
Browsed through the XPW TV episode...and holy fuck is it shit.

Rob Black is doubling down on his "Vince Russo but worse" stuff, looks like he could be Jeff Jarrett's half-brother now, and decided that the best way to hype the rebirth was to have a bunch of Zoom meetings recorded with talent where he's trying to sell them on being a part of it...broken up by the infamous New Jack/Grimes scaffold match.

...I don't...I mean, I...

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Time to seek out a torrent of the Dark Side of the Ring XPW episode to further prepare for a future workplace meeting with the IWC’s ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ least appreciated promoter

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Lucha Underground really did spoil us and we didn't even know it.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So watched this late last night via watchprowrestling.com (what a great resource obv) and holy fuck, what a long and boring ass show. If XPW is going to survive this relaunch, they better turn up the intensity in things. The work was....ok.....but pretty much every match got too much time, the crowd was absolutely dismal (they maybe had 75-100 at most?), the production was weaksauce, and the show just went waaaay too long at 4 and a half hours. There was no angles of substance (in fact no angles at all really), matches were pretty much back to back without anything in between, but I guess it could have been worse....although this was pretty shitty overall.

Near the end of the show though, there was two back to back matches that were really bad. An impromtpu match with Colin Delaney and some other guy I've never seen (Nick Ando?) against Silas Young. Then we got Shlak and Mad Man Fulton in a chairs match that somehow ended in a no contest when the storyline was the "NY Athletic Commision" stopped the match due to blood. This was a lame as fuck finish that I guess was designed to be similar to the Fonzie ECW stuff from way back when, but holy shit did this get over like a fart in a church. There was also a "Last Hell Standing" with Vincent and G-Raver that I fell asleep during twice. Ooof! The work was not much to shake a stick at.

The world title tournament was what it was.....decent work, matches were generally long, a few of the workers stood out, TJP and Willie Mack had some good work in there, but the finish of the main (Brian Cage vs Mack) had one of the most overbooked and lame finishes of the year in any promotion. 3 refs took bumps, there wasnt any refs left (and many false finishes from these refs being taken out) and then Rob Black comes out in a ref uniform, counts Mack's pinfall, seemingly Mack wins the title....then the main ref who took the first bump gets into it with Black for some reason (I guess because he wasnt a legal ref?), Black then decks that ref, and then Cage gets a pin on Mack (even though this fucking match should be done) and Black fast counts it, so I.....guess.....Cage and Black were in cahoots or some shit? Totally confusing fucked up mess of a finish for sure. So apparently Mack first won the title and then Cage beat him right after for no fucking logic or reason.

May want to peep some "highlights" (more like low lights) but please dont bother wasting over 4 hours on this garbage like I did!