The media consistently painted an image of a "Republican" whose own party didn't agree with him. 95% of what he said during the campaign ended up being a complete lie (the remaining 5% being incomplete lies) so far. I think some need to accept that his voters were given a bill of false goods and not rely so much on smug, superior attitudes to help their minds cope with all this. Saying "fuck 'em all" isn't going to help anything or anyone. Fellow Americans are not my enemy, they were given a fucking 24/7 completely free advertisement crafted by the media for this fucker from June 2015 until today.
The "those people are worthless fools who had it coming" spirit is exactly what has destroyed The Left in this country. You can't morally stick up for social justice and equality, saying President Shitbag is going to lead to a culture of prejudice and discrimination and then speak of large swaths of the population like they're trash. It's inconsistent.