Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
127908560-07144604.jpg
18.jpg

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I hate to rain on your parade, but five words.

Chan Gailey, your new coach.

Have a nice day.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bruce Arians gonna turn da Bears into a 700-pass-a-season Cutler air raid special.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Counterpoint: Lovie puts on corpse paint, interviews as "George Bearman", and becomes the 17th head coach of YOUR Chicago Bears.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Its surprising how many idiots on facebook are upset Lovie Smith got fired. Apparently they enjoy mediocrity.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
born to die said:
I AM THE ALLIANCE said:
Tim Ruskell is just one of Angelo's handpicked lackeys and widely considered to be even more incompetent than Angelo. Why would they give him the job if they were so dissatisfied with Angelo's poor judgment? Ruskell's employment is also Angelo's poor judgment.

I saw that Lovie gets to help hire his nominal boss. Even the good days are bad. GM Tony Dungy.

Current Lions GM Martin Mayhew was a Millen underling. Sometimes it works out!

:-\

Staff member
Reaction score
Krankor said:
Its surprising how many idiots on facebook are upset Lovie Smith got fired. Apparently they enjoy mediocrity.

P. sure that's where the Bears are gonna be without Lovie too

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Bears fans are p. fucking dumb. Would've been nice to see Lovie with one non shithead OC.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He had four offensive coordinators (Terry Shea, Ron Turner, Mike Martz, Mike Tice) and four defensive coordinators (Ron Rivera, Bob Babich, himself, Rod Marinelli). How many coordinators are you allowed to hire without them leaving for head coaching jobs elsewhere, which not a single one did? Answer: four, apparently.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
I just think he's a decent coach and you're not gonna be able to do much better than him.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That he's a decent coach was never in doubt, but we got to the end of the road with Lovie and the Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman Tampa 2. The team got really old, really fast, and neither the scheme nor personnel were going to be able to keep up with a changing league. Realistically, you probably could have squeezed one more 7-9/8-8/9-7 year out of the gang, but to what end? To maybe finish sixth in the conference and roll the dice from there? You do that too long and you're the Eagles, who got to the end of the road and spectacularly careened off the cliff. The Bears have drafted fuck-all for years now, and it's really starting to show in the fact that Jay Cutler has about three times more concussions than he has playoff games. I think it's too bad that people took for granted that the Bears have always been more or less in it under Lovie, but the lack of outright god-awful seasons was kind of obfuscated by his unrepentant smugness and stubbornness. Nine years of this guy being so cocksure in his system and his players through numerous failures got to be too much. And really, when you consider that they missed the playoffs five out of the last six years--including those three straight misses that usually guillotines any other coach but spared him--they were "less in it" too much after all.

I'm sure his whole Dad They Never Had act will go over well with another team, even if his tired-ass scheme won't, but he really had to go. If we can't do better than five misses in six years, fold the team.

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
Agent's avatar is the exact way of how Bears fans cope with how the Bears operate.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didnt even know he had been a Packer

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
It's time to dust this off.

Today is the day that former Bears kicker Robbie Gould just single handedly outscored the entire Chicago Bears team with 5 made field goals to give San Francisco the win. Resident moron Ryan Pace got rid of Gould in 2016 because he wanted to "upgrade" the position. In reality, they didn't want to pay him. They weren't in desperate need for cap space, however, they still cut a captain and leader to save a few bucks. We've had since then Connor Barf, Roberto Aguayo, and now Cairo Santos all sucking for us. Countless other teams have had injured kickers and replaced them with pretty good kickers from the scrap pile. We can't even properly evaluate if a kicker can make a field goal. Good god! That is the absolute last straw for me.

I demand heads to roll in Chicago.

This team will lose to a winless Cleveland Browns team on Christmas Eve.

Staff member
Reaction score
209 said:
Krankor said:

P. sure that's where the Bears are gonna be without Lovie too

In hindsight I was wrong. It was way worse than that.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Bears are 25-51 since firing Lovie. Folks, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Staff member
Reaction score
He's coaching at Illinois. Their record is bad but this season was his first recruiting class and they were trying to rebuild after the last coach wrecked the team.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Illinois didn’t really hire him to be a great or successful coach but because they needed a brand and someone who has credibility and can create a culture in the program and that’s something long term Illinois needs more than wins.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
You know other than Sid Luckman, Chicago really hasn't had another franchise QB. Maybe Turbsky will become one.