Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2021-22 What Are Those Clowns in Washington (House and Senate) Up To Now? thread

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was a remarkable speech, especially considering that he knows it will have been his last act as majority leader. I think he (and Pence and a handful of others) understands the damage that has been done by their choice to turn their political party into a cult for a tabloid/reality tv celebrity.

In the other house, Jim Jordan is acting like the kind of bitchtrash that was to weak too stand up to a sexual predator on his wrestling team.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had yet another short story rejected by a journal a few days ago. I've been thinking about giving up writing but now I might contact Senator Hawley's attorneys about telling these publishers that the 1st amendment means that they have to publish my stuff because I want them to.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shock news: Sen Murkowski is not considering joinging the Democratic caucus.

No word yet on if Sen Collins was deeply troubled and/or concerned about the rumors that her colleague was leaving the Party.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pat Toomey has called for Trump to resign. He's the second Republican US Senator afaik to call for it.

He's already said he's not running for reelection in 2022 so easy decision for him to make but appreciated nonetheless. Wish a very concerned Senator a few hours north of me would make that decision. I'm sure the Biden voters that saved her job last month would appreciate but I find her finding a spine highly unlikely...

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just can't believe the guy I used to watch Joel McHale make fun of all the time on The Soup is supposed to be a serious newsman now.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Liberals and progressives: Stacey Abrams swung Georgia blue and Ben Wikler turned Wisconsin. They'd be perfect as heads of DNC.
DNC: What? You want the guy who raised $130 million and lost to one of the least popular Senators by 11 points? OK! You got it!

Democratic Party: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since...?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think her totally legit effort to impeach Biden should be posted here at least 7 more times. And we should definitely continue to mock a Black man for raising a record amount of money in a hardcore GOP state.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We probably shouldn't assume we know what Stacey Abrams has done, is doing, has discussed with Biden, or what her plans are. She may be planning to run for governor in the next election, for example. There is probably a more respectful and decent way to talk about her than to pretend we know her plans, goals, etc.

Edit: I was being sarcastic about continuing to mock Harrison. It is gross and wrong, at best.

Staff member
Reaction score
Party chair is also a position where you make a lot of enemies. If someone intends to run for president in the future they can’t take that job. Harrison has also been a state party chair and knows how that positions works.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only DNC Chair I remember standing out in a positive way is Howard Dean, also a failed candidate who raised a lot of money so I'll be glad to have been proven wrong.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Party chair is also a position where you make a lot of enemies. If someone intends to run for president in the future they can’t take that job. Harrison has also been a state party chair and knows how that positions works.

Yep. Harrison is probably the best choice for this. He knows what the job entails, is a historically good fundraiser, and it frees Abrams and others up for other things. Abrams has a brighter future and a higher ceiling than DNC chair. And we need Wikler in Wisconsin. The governorship and dumb Ron Johnson's senate seat are both up in the next election.

Please stop mocking Jaime Harrison.

Staff member
Reaction score
I also can't reiterate how much of a soul sucking job DNC Chair actually is. You don't ever get to have your own opinion about anything. You have to move your family to DC and work 12-14 hour days while traveling around the country. You also have to manage the concerns and issues of 57 state and territory parties who don't want you involved too much because it looks bad for Washington to be involved in your local politics, but they'll turn around and knife you in the back when they don't win elections because you weren't involved. You also have to manage the rules of every state primary and you're the chief fundraiser while you have absolutely no authority to tell elected politicians what they should do, but again, if you don't help them properly you take all the blame for it. You also don't have much say in the recruitment of candidates because that's done by the DCCC.

Also, that's probably only like 30% of the work.

You wouldn't catch me dead in that fucking job. Supposedly you wouldn't catch anyone dead in it because according to reports Harrison was the only one who'd registered any interest. Also, you'd be surprised how many politicians don't want to move their family to Washington. Especially now for obvious reasons.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I shall read every thread on the forum prior to posting. I'm in fear that snuffbox might possibly see the same information twice in two different threads. Please carry on valued member.

It's 4 posts above yours.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Edit: I was being sarcastic about continuing to mock Harrison. It is gross and wrong, at best.
24aa059362dfa721472129db512a774e.gif

YOU WERE?!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Liberals and progressives: Stacey Abrams swung Georgia blue and Ben Wikler turned Wisconsin. They'd be perfect as heads of DNC.
DNC: What? You want the guy who raised $130 million and lost to one of the least popular Senators by 11 points? OK! You got it!

Democratic Party: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since...?
Yeah, let's ignore the black woman who turned Georgia blue and was a crowd favorite!

I don't think that we actually know that Stacey Abrams wasn't offered the DNC Chair, but I feel 99 percent confident in saying that, even if she was, she'd have turned it down. She wants a rematch with Kemp in '22.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think that we actually know that Stacey Abrams wasn't offered the DNC Chair, but I feel 99 percent confident in saying that, even if she was, she'd have turned it down. She wants a rematch with Kemp in '22.

To quote Tommy Callahan, that's correct.