Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Adam Sandler is a hack fraud con man

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Sandler has always had detractors, even in his early days. I don't know if anyone hates Bill Murray.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have Yourself a Gary Little Christmas said:
Sandler has always had detractors, even in his early days. I don't know if anyone hates Bill Murray.
Well, if he made better movies, maybe he wouldn't have detractors. He is a legit funny guy, though, and I think that maybe he should lay off writing movies for a while and just act.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sandler did the Stern show today ending their near 20 year "feud". It was pretty awesome

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
will fully admit that Spade working in a bank *inside* a grocery store got a slight chuckle out of me

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Netflix is happy with their arrangement and just extended their deal with Sandler. Here's the next one, btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBPBSroi_VE

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's based on Sandler's real life manager, Sandy Wernick. He's done a variation of that character on one of his old comedy albums. Can't believe he's stretching that bit to an hour and a half feature film

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Looks about as watchable as his last decade worth of shit.
This actually is just short of my thoughts. I'd venture to say it looks a HAIR more watchable than his last decade worth of shit.

But then I have a tendency to seek out shitty movies when I'm bored in hotel rooms at conferences.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Watching Celtics/Knicks on ABC this morning and they showed Sandler is going to be on Kimmel to promote Sandy Wexler. Had seen the trailer on TV the other day so figured I would look up the date. It goes up on Netflix April 14th but I saw the runtime on this thing when looking it up - 2 hours and 10 minutes! I haven't watched any of his other Netflix stiuff but that just seems so long for a Sandler movie.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bible-Pounding Phony said:
Watching Celtics/Knicks on ABC this morning and they showed Sandler is going to be on Kimmel to promote Sandy Wexler. Had seen the trailer on TV the other day so figured I would look up the date. It goes up on Netflix April 14th but I saw the runtime on this thing when looking it up - 2 hours and 10 minutes! I haven't watched any of his other Netflix stiuff but that just seems so long for a Sandler movie.

Ridiculous 6 was two hours and Blended was 117 minutes.

To me a comedy over 100 minutes is pushing it. That a problem with current comedies in general as they all feel the need to be 115 minutes or longer.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't seen it but word is that "Sandy Wexler" is *gasp* not that bad and is Sandler's best film in forever. They've got an incredible list of cameos even by Sandler standards. Plus I'm a sucker for inside show biz type movies so I might check this out

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sandler's next Netflix project will be called "The Week Of." with him and Chris Rock. Sandler's daughter marries Rock's son in the movie. But the real news is it's the directorial debut of Robert FUCKING Smigel! Smigel!!

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
strummer said:
I haven't seen it but word is that "Sandy Wexler" is *gasp* not that bad and is Sandler's best film in forever. They've got an incredible list of cameos even by Sandler standards. Plus I'm a sucker for inside show biz type movies so I might check this out

Not bad? Or not bad by Sandler standards? He's set his curve so low in the last decade and a half that it would be easy to improve upon.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i hope none of you people are the idiots who keep watching/upvoting his movies on netflix. That funding could be going to more Capeshit! Or getting Dallas on there.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
CWM said:
That funding could be going to more Capeshit!

asu.gif

CWM said:
Or getting Dallas on there.

JRDrinks.gif~c200

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sandy Wexler was 100x better than The Do-Over. I don't know if that's a compliment to SW or just indicative of how bad TDO was.

In a vacuum it was an appropriate way to kill 2 hours when I had nothing better to do and the DVR was caught up. Watched it after WWE Payback so maybe my standards were already really low.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sandler signed a 4 picture extension with Netflix so the punishment will continue

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
FXX has had That's My Boy on a lot this weekend. I've caught more than I should on multiple occasions and laughed more than I should on multiple occasions.

OldSchoolWrestling

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I watched Sandy Wexler and really liked it. Maybe I have coronavirus, I don't know. I'm not a Sandler fan so I didn't expect to enjoy it. I was pulling for him to get the girl and loved all the cameos.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sandler will be 55 years old in September. I don't think anyone saw him aging into a Clarke Gable-esque ruggedly handsome serious leading man!

Kinda wanna Sandler's 50 somethings pick up crew v Clooney's 60s somethings crew now.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There is going to be a "Murder Mystery 2" on Netflix with Sandler and Aniston returning

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I re-watched "Big Daddy" yesterday. I wouldn't say it's Sandler's best but it's definitely the one I've watched the most.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It doesn't look like he's done anything for Happy Madison since Grown Ups 2, which was released in 2013. Imagine how much of a screwup you have to be exiled from the Adam Sandler extended universe.

Reactions: SFH