Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in March 2024: Thank you, Sting

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
At least post a video from the beginning of Dynamite rather than five minutes after the doors opened to prove your point, Eric.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TK up at 4 AM to hate tweet an old failed loser.

They got some good shit up there for Tony.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tony sent his tweet at 3:58 a.m. Get some sleep, man!
Yeah, he is 42. No need to shut down the bars every Thursday morning. Jericho and Ric Flair are bad mentors!

Uh, I think I figured the source of the Bischoff hate.

Even on the off chance, Tony was sober hate tweeting Bischoff, it exhibits poor judgment. There is no way to win a Twitter beef with an irrelevant ignorant dinosaur like Eric Bischoff. Not cause Tony is wrong and Eric is right but it just makes you look petty and keeps whatever relevancy Eric has left alive for another day. This is not behavior befitting of an owner of a nationally televised company.

If Twitter were around in the ‘90s, do you think Bischoff would be dunking on Fritz Von Erich? Maybe but that would prove exactly why Tony shouldn’t argue with him!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
If Twitter were around in the 90s Bischoff would've hanged himself in 1999.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lex Luger ignoring all of the action to pose and flex in front of the mirrors, wearing just wind pants and flip flops.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
If Twitter were around in the ‘90s, do you think Bischoff would be dunking on Fritz Von Erich? Maybe but that would prove exactly why Tony shouldn’t argue with him!

Fritz Tweets: Did you know that World Class was the #1 promotion in the world in 1982 through 1983? If these trends continue...?

Twitter Troll: Your kids are dead.

Fritz: I know. I can't get them out of there.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Fritz would've had some bangers about Monica Lewinsky

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There would've been a lot of edging the tweeter with these people

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
A lot of rage tweeting about Troy Aikman being soft for not wanting to play while severely concussed.
I watched Tyson/Golota the other day where Golota quit on his stool after two rounds. The announcers (particularly Ferdie Pacheco) lambasted Golota, it turned out Golota had suffered a broken cheekbone and herniated disk. Fritz would've fit right in.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
“My son (RIP) lost a foot and was back in the ring a few weeks later! Toughen up! My good friend Tom Landry wouldn’t tolerate this! “

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
She should have come in as a heel. As a face she's always crying and talking about Eddie Guerrero and saying WWE buzzwords. She's better when she takes her wig off to reveal a new hair color and beats someone up. And she's gonna get turned on hard when she feuds with Toni.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's a pretty obvious conclusion and I don't put it past him that "more wrestling" means a gig somewhere because carny.

I seriously don't give a fuck about the ratings and that mindset has poisoned everyone's mind. Be good enough to stay on the air. There. That's the most I care.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Don't tell that to r/JimCornette (or that Corny wishes he ever booked/promoted a product with this size of an audience), or else you might get told off about gates from Memphis in '82.

Valeyard

Reaction score
"Memphis would get 14.5s! That's more than anyone combined! Thankyoufuckyoubye!"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
See I think Cornette marks genuinely do not want more wrestling. Even if someone booked a promotion that was exactly like 1982 Memphis, they would whine about how it’s just a copy.

Valeyard

Reaction score
To a degree that isn't exclusive the old school hardcores, though. Like people want to feel like they did when they loved wrestling the most, so they want those elements everywhere and if they aren't there, they won't bother. I have problems with WWE and AEW but I'm so happy they're different and can, at times, fill gaps the other company can't or won't.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Who's the better worker without all their intestines, Brock or Omega?

Valeyard

Reaction score
That has no bearing on his ring work, though.