Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Classic Rock Songs that just fuckin' suck

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I knew a 2024 Motley Crue song and music video was going to be awful but it was somehow worse. I hope Mick Mars wins all of his lawsuits now, man.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
My brother and I used to rock out to “Shout at the Devil ‘97,” which I know is an abomination but if you didn’t have the original to compare it to I bet everyone who hates it would think it was cool. And “Glitter” is a decent ballad, co-written by Bryan Adams. There’s also a short fast rocker called “Anybody Out There?” that’s kinda fun. I don’t care for any of the other songs on it but I’ll take Generation Swine over the self-titled any day.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There is a weird retrospective defense of ‘94 s/t and John Corabi among hair metal nerds. It unfortunately led to his “supergroup” The Dead Daisies opening up for KISS the last time I saw them.

Idk if I have ever seen anyone talk about the album Motley Crue did in ‘00 without Tommy Lee. That gets mentioned even less than Corabi era. Maybe a sentence or two about how Tommy Lee left then his replacement got sick and died then the drummer from Hole filled in for a bit (a WOMAN in MOTLEY CRUE!?)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
That was New Tattoo - I mentioned it on the last page after your initial post about the new Crue track.

I remember the media talked about this being the big comeback with Vince Neil even though Generation Swan was three years prior. Crue toured with Megadeth (who where also going though a down period, wtf was Risk?) to support this record.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought they toured with Scorpions. Was classic metal/hard rock so down that three arena acts would have had to share a bill?

Fake edit: Crue/Scorpions was ‘99 and Crue/Megadeth was ‘00. It is easy to believe that those three shared a bill in ‘00 cause A. those stadium bills are kind of par for the course these days and B. ‘00 was the year that Maiden reunited with Bruce Dickinson and was playing to half houses. It wasn’t post hair metal levels low but genre was still in the woods in ‘00 mostly.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah I've mentioned it before but there has been a turnaround in the last 15-20 years in regards to classic rock and metal when fans realized how awesome these bands actually are after years of PR claiming the opposite and the current bands of the scene listing them as influences (and hearing them through their music). Maiden and Priest were pretty much in the mud in the late 90s (though the absence of Bruce and Rob certainly contributed).

I'd say 2003-2004 was the turnaround where these bands could play to arenas again. Crue reunited and toured in 2005 and Halford's first record since rejoining Priest was that same year.

It's the same reason why nu metal is starting to sorta become popular again and is being remembered fondly. A lot of the bands these days grew up listening to Korn and Slipknot.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ope