Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Commercials we hate

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I couldn't get through those commercials that MFer shared. I also haven't seen them in my market.

But I remember liking that Volkswagen commercial at the time that was shared two months ago.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The people responsible for these DirecTV "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" commercials airing during March Madness should be blasted into the sun.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I hadn't seen an Education Connection commercial in a long time with their creepy singing ads. Just now there was a really bad one with a mother singing a lullaby to her baby about how Education Connection allows her to keep the kid from ruining her life. Or at least that was my takeaway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbpcGQzWdc

Now, looking this up apparently they have 15, 30 and 60 second versions of this. Also, this has been posted since start of August, almost seven months, and has less than 845 views when I found it.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JGsMKFwQHnE

Not that I consider Rachel Dratch a big star or anything? But I kinda feel Embarrassed for her seeing these commercials

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Speaking of being too big to do a commercial, I had the same thought watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxCgbKwQYCs

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
TOUGH GUY GRAPE JUICE COMMERICALS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ZknSBdmEI&list=PLWFeKcmyoZ3V0c5-LO0twW80R8bRVxOsp

Love my fruit juice commercials to have that blood spattered effect

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
That fucking Sprint commercial that they are playing endlessly during the baseball playoffs makes me want to to throw things.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

People are freaking out over this new Gillette ad that preys on toxic masculinity.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Couldn't find it on YouTube with a quick search but there is a new campaign promoting fishing with little kids complaining about touch screens and all things kids like now spinning it as they want to be out fishing but need someone to take them. Beautifully odd. It has an actual good message but just feels like it was put together by cranky, out of touch people

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't seen that one yet, but commercials are getting worse. The unholy trinity of 2023 were Jardiance is really swell, the really gross Lumi commercials, and the off-key Burger King singing commercials. And the always annoying Liberty, State Farm, and Progressive commercials. There was also that Samsung Flip Phone commercial with giant forehead girl making weird orgasm faces at the flip. And the commercial with everyone at the bar singing "Sweet Caroline".

Feels like everything has random singing and dancing lately too.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I haven't seen that one yet, but commercials are getting worse. The unholy trinity of 2023 were Jardiance is really swell, the really gross Lumi commercials, and the off-key Burger King singing commercials. And the always annoying Liberty, State Farm, and Progressive commercials. There was also that Samsung Flip Phone commercial with giant forehead girl making weird orgasm faces at the flip. And the commercial with everyone at the bar singing "Sweet Caroline".

Feels like everything has random singing and dancing lately too.
"Watch me skip, or hit that skip button"
"I'll get the shovel"

I liked him better as a prison Nazi.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Goddamnit, I thought we were years removed from the last "Your cousin FROM BOS-TON" Sam Adams commercial but a new one (with the same actor!) sprung up on my Hulu last night. Man, fuck that guy.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I wish nothing but pain and suffering on Libery Mutual and its marketing department, and hope that any disease or fate that befalls them is transferred to Old Spice while they're putting deodorant on their balls.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a commercial but that Nelson Mandela radio spot via passiton.com can fuck right off. It sounds like the father incorporating a speech his daughter did at HS and it constantly emphasizes, "Mr. Nelson ____, Mr. Nelson _____, Mr. Nelson ManDela" in such an irritating way. I'd expect it to be the opposite where you're emphasizing the first name at the end instead.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The makers of the “What a pro wants…” and “No flex zone!” commercials that air during every break in the NBA playoffs deserve to be hit in the face with a brick.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was indifferent to them at first but the Jennifer Coolidge Discover Card ads are getting really annoying during the playoffs

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I was indifferent to them at first but the Jennifer Coolidge Discover Card ads are getting really annoying during the playoffs
Bigly agree, these are awful. The radio spot versions are just as bad.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
She started doing some pretty good things once she moved away from her "America's MILF" character. I never watched White Lotus but I liked her supporting role in Promising Young Woman.