Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Jon Stewart returns to Daily Show as executive producer and Monday host

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I might check out some of his episodes. I haven't watched The Daily Show since he left tbh. I always found Trevor Noah dull.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This week’s episode had a 35% ratings increase from his comeback episode, to make it the highest rated show on Comedy Central since he left.

If people were pissed off about him making fun of Biden’s old age, they didn’t show it.

And if increase was cause people saw he made fun of Biden then they probably won’t come back since he went after Tucker Carlson this week.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Weekly episode of old white man trashing another old white man is a god damn draw.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Folks who are habitually on Twitter or Reddit do not speak for anything close to a majority.

Face it, shitlibs: Biden is ancient.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stewart was pretty explicit that Trump was senile, ancient, and a much worse option too. If the shitlibs watched a clip longer than ten seconds than they'd have seen that.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Number is deceptive because they’re just comparing Comedy Central viewers. Last week’s show was simulcast on most of the Paramount cable channels.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jon Stewart’s monologue last night about the immigration crisis is getting criticism for BOTHSIDERISM again from libs.

One, again, if you actually watched/listened to the damn thing, it was predominantly bashing Trump and his minions’ stance and two, wouldn’t only going after their side and pretending Democratic leadership is infallible, make Jon Stewart just as bad as Tucker Carlson?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Is this for real or on twitter?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Close enough. Reddit. Remember I had a shitfit and quit Twitter for good?
ok well "is it real, or is a manufactured social media/click bait thing?" is basically the same question at this point. Am I going to open an article on AV Club and see them quoting 3 tweets/reddit replies who if I bother to look them up half the time it turns out they were being sarcastic?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah my asking was more of a "did the dog really eat your homework?" than a genuine question. None of these places are overly relevant. Having rediscovered both Twitter and reddit in the last couple weeks, I have never felt more confident in that.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah my asking was more of a "did the dog really eat your homework?" than a genuine question. None of these places are overly relevant. Having rediscovered both Twitter and reddit in the last couple weeks, I have never felt more confident in that.
I love reddit but i also don't really read the replies except for certain expert subs like AskHistorians. It's a site if you find the right subs to read. I would never ever post on it thouhg. a complete abyss.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Oh I could never post on it. It fills a role for me that all the old niche message boards of the early 2000s had where, when I need to find something, there's a community of weirdos that specialize in it I can read a handful of posts on before moving on to something else. A lot of people I know are really redditbrained and it's unfortunate that their karma doesn't translate to reality. But that said it's taking a lot not do a "former employee ama" thing for the old job.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, once I match my reaction score here there, I’m out of here.

Back to the topic at hand, I like that Stewart is interacting with the correspondents a bit more and earlier in the show. Obviously, he is on another level than anyone in the current cast but if there is life for TDS after 2025, they got to start trying to build up the support cast.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He's getting rythym back with a whole new group. It'll get easier as it comes. He knows how to elevate people.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope he has say in who his successor is this go around. I shudder to think what Comedy Central would have done if Jon Stewart hadn’t agreed to come back.

“Election Week coverage on The Daily Show with this week’s special co hosts Megan McCain and Michael Ian Black!”

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
A successor needs to be someone that either has a concentrated amount of vitriol for the major players of both big parties or someone that specializes in absurdism.

...so toss Eric Andre the full Earache back catalogue and a bag of ice and see what happens.