Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Giant, Lex Luger, and Steiner Brothers vs. Greg Valentine, Roadblock, and Amazing French Canadians

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The funniest thing about Enos/Doll was as soon as Hall approaches the ring, both men casually just go like "eh, fuck it" and leave the ring.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Kamala already knows this because he reads Useless Moron Scott Keith's blog, but one of the recent WON reviews had an amusing story or Mark Madden being fired by ATM Eric for going on the hotline and talking about Hogan being booed by Nitro audiences (in 1995 when he was the top face). Turner's people then rehired Madden after reminding Bischoff he himself was in charge of overseeing the hotline, so he should have stopped it from ever being released.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...you know, I wish Mero got a post-WWF run in WCW. He was a solid enough talent and leaned into the douchebag heel role well enough.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
...you know, I wish Mero got a post-WWF run in WCW. He was a solid enough talent and leaned into the douchebag heel role well enough.

He seems like someone Russo would really back, too.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dave Meltzer hasn’t done nearly enough to condemn his BFF Mike Tenay’s slut shaming.
I remember they were teasing heel Tenay a lot in the last year of WCW. He was acting really smarmy and ignorant during interviews and it culminated in I believe Big Poppa Pump attacking him. Then Tenay was on Worldwide for the last 6 months of WCW. I could be misremembering.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He also got el kabonged by Jeff Jarrett too at some point in the Summer of ‘00.

Vince Russo was big on humiliating announcers. That stuff with Tenay, having Mark Madden get beat up by Tank Abbott and his shirt ripped off (then other announcers making fun of how horrible and fat he was). Turning Mean Gene’s character into an horny old pervert and having him “wrestle” Mark Madden. I also remember a Nitro or Thunder where Scott Hudson had to announce in his skivvies cause he pissed off Russo.

For someone who likes to accuse current wrestling fans of being gay, he sure liked to put middle aged men in various states of undress.

Only one who managed to stay above the fray is Schiavone and I can only imagine that is because he had some form of creative control and told Russo to fuck off cause I think that would be first announcer Russo would want to involve in a wacky storyline.

In fact, I think the only time Schiavone really had any sort of involvement in a storyline before WCW ended is when he flipped over Dusty Rhodes turning heel in ‘98.

Valeyard

Reaction score
No harm would have been done in putting the title on Tank Abbott, in hindsight.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have shamelessly stolen the past couple matches I've posted from SK's blog and will continue to do so:

Valeyard

Reaction score
Dude wasn't Robbie Rage for no reason.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Why did anyone think this was an idea? Not good or bad. Who came up with this concept in general!?

Konnan had a lot of choreographed "highspots" in his early days that took a lot of contrived set up as he tried to work Lucha spots while breaking down from injuries and steroids. This spot in particular just looks like they plotted it out w/o the steps in mind.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's probably the one thing they did at the time that didn't have an air of funny-bad to it. I didn't know it came out so close to the end, though.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fact that they went for WCW/NWO Revenge to this in a two year span demonstrates WCW's downfall just as much as anything that happened in ring. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

I am pretty sure I owned this (second hand) and may still have it in my PS1 pile. I can't say I remember this game having the Russo era roster (YIKES).... I guess I figured the downturn in ratings would scare off developers,

Buddy Lee Parker~!

Candido making the game means they pulled the roster at a very limited frame of time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's probably the one thing they did at the time that didn't have an air of funny-bad to it. I didn't know it came out so close to the end, though.
I always associated with Summer of 2000 WCW (and probably cause that's when characters in game are based). It's weird to think it came out after Russo finally got fired.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah I would've said spring or summer 2000 when WCW. Either way I remember seeing it in stores and looking it up, confused as fuck.

Worst roster on a WCW game, too. Yikes. Poor Daffney, associated with this.