Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Dusty's commentary is a total highlight of WCW for me. I think about that time he kept telling Tony he understood Morse Code and was trying to translate Cobra's theme way too often. It isn't even that funny.
Some battle royal where Dusty is marking out for El Dandy. "He's the only one I know!"

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
See the best way for WCW to combat them was for JJ Dillon to hire Rick Bogner to be the REAL Diamond Stud.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kamala and @BruiserBrody cry: WCW *did* have a Hall of Fame and Bischoff was probably the one who ended cause nobody cared!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Sheiky Baby was even somewhat sober and/or motivated in WCW, he would have been awesome.

WCW kept renewing his contract anyway though so I respect him.

Valeyard

Reaction score
A Sheik face turn and feud with DeBeers has some hidden gems.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, they got a gay gimmick in a Southern based promotion (that is sharply declining no less) during the most aggro summer post Nixon and pre Trump.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Comments made me wonder if WCW made a play for Bigelow in late 92 when WWF came calling? New monster for Sting to conquer. Big man for Watts to salivate over. Vader is not the world champ at that moment so he and Bigelow could even go on a tear for a bit before Vader gets the belt back from Simmons.
I don't really want a Bigelow face turn, but an eventually split in summer or whatnot would give us some big time fun hoss matches with Bigelow vs Vader.
---
I wonder how Watts would handle signing Bob Backlund in November 92 instead of WWF? Big time push attempt for a former NCAA stud, with the same emphasis Vince would do to compare him to George Foreman. Totally outshined by the top faces, but Koloff retires in October, so there is a slot open.

Herb Kunze "Backlund in WCW is like a Steiner if they were boring!"

Valeyard

Reaction score
Talk about a dream match I never considered.

Valeyard

Reaction score
JR always sounds so sensitive when he does these.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Watched this 10,000 times as a kid since it was one of the limited wrestling VHS' I had.
Good Lord, bad phantom ref bump from Nick Patrick. And then WCW airs it in slow motion in the replay.
Luger drops the US title to a forearm shot that keeps him down for like a minute.
Led to zero Luger vs Gordy matches. Gordy worked the Bash tour, Luger turned heel.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I don't like Vampiro at all but he wasn't any worse than anyone else. He was over and a decent enough brawler with a unique look. He just couldn't talk, be consistent, and I don't think had any actual good matches (probably some bangers with Awesome exist, though) while being part of some of the worst moments of the period.

The reboot was the last chance. Like I think that the reboot could have led to great things if handled by anyone else. I remember at the time just not taking it seriously because of Russo.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looking up on Cagematch to see if there was a Jim Duggan/Bryan Clarke match (I only found battle royals) and found something even weirder.

Ric Flair was on so many weird side quests once the nWo started and mostly shunted him to the mid card.