Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MAGA Chuds Storm Capitol Building to stop Electoral College vote

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Lim argues that the real political crisis facing the U.S. is not extremist violence but erosion of the First Amendment. He says that restrictions on online speech have already brought the U.S. to the verge of communist tyranny, that “we are one foot away from 1984.” After a moment, though, he offers a sizable qualifier: “I never actually read the book, so I don’t know all the themes of the book. But I have heard the concepts, and I’ve seen some things, and I thought, ‘Whoa! That’s sketchy as f---.’ ”
Sometimes, I look at the generation behind me and I feel hope for the world's future. But this dunderhead makes me think we're all doomed.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully the Republicans efforts to cancel any investigation of Jan 6 will have consequences for them. The normal thing would be flipping at least one house in the midterm. Because of this latest GOP horribleness, maybe the Americans can retain the House and maybe even pick up another Senate seat or three.

For all of his supposed political sense, McConnell's recent decision to begin defending the capitol rioters/cop murderers could continue his run of big political missteps. If he hadn't remained in obstruction mode throughout 2020, Trump could've retained. If he had fought against the big lies, he might not have lost both GA seats last January. Now he's risking any chance to get the senate back by defending the Q shaman and his middle school insult artist in the form of a lawyer.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My only guess on why they're doubling down on Trumpism is they're hedging their bets on Democrats becoming complacent during the midterms. I'm really hoping that enough people on the left can see damage done by Trump Era and let ourselves not fall asleep at the wheel like we did in 2016 (and 2010 and 2014) before that.

legit lol from reading this excahnge.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Softserve leader McCarthy said he'd seek vengeance against any Republicans who joined the Jan 6 select committee. Kinzinger replied, "who gives a shit?" And Cheney accepted a seat on the committee.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Republican that wore the suit on Jan 6 and sprayed chemicals at cops has been found & arrested.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
He also suggests the Democrats may have killed Ashli Babbit as an inside job, which...yeah, of course he did.

It's weird, because I'm not happy she's dead. She stormed the capital and got shot, which was within the grounds of the law. At the same time, I can't take pleasure in someone dying, and it's all because she had become brainwashed by conspiracy theories. If more people had tried to reach out to her, this probably (I said probably) could have been avoided. It's easy to laugh at Q anon supporters and the like, but the fact that she (and others) have either died or had their lives ruined by this shit is actually pretty depressing. I can't bring myself to sympathize too much, but I can't get any joy out of it.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The West Memphis 3 got about 20 years for wearing dark clothing and listening to music.