Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Matches You Didn't Think Existed

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Why does the mere act of putting on gloves make Severn look like a fucking killer?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bret actually talked in his book about Mark Rocco and the Hulkster became really good friends during those Japanese tours. When WWF had their first UK only TV event in ‘89, Rollerball worked a dark match and tried to buddy up to Hogan and Hulk barely remembered him. :(

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's very Hogan. Rocco would've been a great presence...anywhere at any time, really. Unheraled legend.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Iceman King Parsons and the third gen Von Erichs Vs Tatanka, Kid Kash, and some other guy from a disproportionally huge college football stadium.

I wonder if Iceman King Parsons is the last WCCW alum to wrestle a match?

Last edited:

Valeyard

Reaction score
They could've been a legendary face team in a different time. Five years in either direction, they're icons of an era.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It feels like Papa Shango is a gimmick that they should have worked out the kinks of in Memphis before going to WWF TV and not the other way around.

Before I get @BruiserBrodysplained, I will point out that this is Charles Wright’s second USWA World title run. I want to say he might have been a Zeus knockoff that murked Lawler in the first one.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
NWA @ Hampton, VA – Coliseum – February 10, 1989
Abdullah the Butcher & NWA Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors vs. Mike Rotunda, NWA US Tag Team Champions Kevin Sullivan & Steve Williams

I guess this is all heel as Abby is hanging out with Gary Hart at TV.

Abby would quit a few weeks later after WCW ordered him to skip his Japan tour and work the Clash.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Checking the Observer, Abby and the Warriors were supposed to team a few weeks before Abby turned on them. The Road Warriors did not like it so they ended up short-circuiting the angle. In Philly they changed the match claiming a backstage disagreement and in Raleigh Abby walked out with Gary Hart after two minutes.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I think that was like 1988 or something too so it's even funnier.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Funny but they should also be hunchbacks! So they don't get pinned!

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Was this the WWF's Memphis developmental, pre-OVW? From the thumbnail I expected something from the late 80s/early 90s but it appears to be The Kat/Miss Kitty/Stacey Carter in the ring waiting to fight her.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I knew Mae from the A&E wrestling doc.

My favorite heel move can't really be done anymore since technology changed, but the "pretending to sign a kids autograph, smirking, and tearing the autograph book in half" is some good stuff. Last great heel move I remember seeing as it happened was Flair ripping off a kid's Hurricane mask and stomping in it in front of him.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Give me a heel who can stop and take a picture with a young fan and have the balls to grab their phone and throw it across the arena.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Still pisses me off that not a single heel has crashed one of the make a wish events to maul the hero face in a hospital cafeteria.