Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Playoffs 2024

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Lakers, and Sixers out I have no one left to root against. I can just enjoy things as they unfold now.
I'm not exactly keen on the idea of Boston winning, but the Sixers and Lakers LeBron were really the main ones for me.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Real talk: that was an absolutely heroic performance for a team that didn't deserve it. Hopefully whatever team he's on next is worthy of him.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It always amuses me when there is a lot of debate about where a particular player is going the next year when his current team is still in the running.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Second round is completely set now.

East

(1) Boston vs (4) Cleveland - The teams have split eight previous playoff series, with Cleveland winning the most recent meeting 4 games to 3 in the 2018 Eastern Conference Finals.

(2) New York vs (6) Indiana - Seven previous playoff meetings, with the Pacers winning four, including the most recent meeting in 2013, 4 games to 2.

West

(1) Oklahoma City vs (5) Dallas - The Thunder franchise has met Dallas five times in the playoffs, winning three meetings, including the most recent meeting in 2016, 4 games to 1.

(2) Denver vs (3) Minnesota - The teams split two previous meetings, including one just last season, won by Denver 4 games to 1.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Getting flashbacks to gut punching losses to the Pacers in the mid 90s tonight.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cavs are playing Tristan Thompson and a Morris Twin in the first quarter. Yeah, I am not too worried about this series as a Celtics fan.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Famous last words. Yeesh. So much for this being a snoozer series
Exposed how important Boston's secondary scoring has to be if Tatum just does his normal 20-25 points and Jaylen Brown has an off night where he scores under 25 (scored 32 in Game 1). Tatum isn't a Jordan/Kobe/Lebron type where he'll try to take a game over to score 35+ so it really leans on Jaylen Brown being a Super 2 and guys like Derrick White going off.

Jrue & Derrick White were a combined 5/19 including 1/10 from 3 point range. Compare that to Game 1 where they were 15/30 and 9/19 respectively.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tough loss for the Knicks. Nothing is ever easy with this franchise I swear

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Very real chance the Garden will be hosting back to back game 7s on
Saturday and Sunday with the Rangers and .Knicks