Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
So Conrad is at the point he’s going to have multiple shows a day soon.

Other big pod news in the wrestling world is Matt Cardona and Brian Myers are basically forming their own network and launching stuff February 1st. They currently do their weekly wrestling toy talk and a fantasy booking fed once a week each. Those are splitting into their own feeds. A couple existing podcasts that some of Myers’ trainees have are going under this umbrella. That ECW pilot that Myers did and was talked about here will continue. This one Myers says will be like a Netflix drop where they will put like six episodes out at once and then another “season” later. Matt Cardona is starting MC: True Long Island Story. Coming up is the 10th Anniversary of the first Z! True Long Island Story. They basically are going to drop the pod on the anniversary of each episode to talk about what was going on and what went into each of those. While I’ve seen some people saying it is sad he is “living off of that”, I think it could be interesting if he is fairly candid about things that were going on in that period. Like being more over than The Rock in MSG one night.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It sounds like the Angle podcast is going to be him going in depth about one of his matches each episode and honestly, that format sounds like it has a ton of potential. Even Conrad has got to recognize that the AFS format is beyond played out and even if it wasn’t, it isn’t Angle would be very good at recalling names and details cause he is Kurt Angle. But I do think (or at least hope) that he still has a great mindset on mechanics and psychology of what goes behind a great wrestling match.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Who (besides @Baby Shoes ) wants to listen to a compilation of rare themes from the past 5-10 years?

There’s still rare Jim Johnston era themes left to uncovercage, you bastards!
I’m all for some of these and heard good stuff on the Gargano and Strong themes specifically. Though I am trying to remember if those were even on TV, I’ll know when I hear them.

What I do need to know is with the thousands of songs in their library, who was looking for the Camp WWE theme song? I’d get angry but at least Otis’ solo theme has finally made it to Spotify.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Conrad is trying to make up for all of the missed episodes of STWW by posting random shit in the archives like a Bruce appearance on JR’s late ‘00s/early ‘10s podcast and old live shows from before Bruce got rehired by WWE.

Just let it die, dude. It’s not like you don’t have FIVE other podcasts and a full time job, my man.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Conrad is trying to make up for all of the missed episodes of STWW by posting random shit in the archives like a Bruce appearance on JR’s late ‘00s/early ‘10s podcast and old live shows from before Bruce got rehired by WWE.

Just let it die, dude. It’s not like you don’t have FIVE other podcasts and a full time job, my man.
I think Bruce leads the download brigade, hence why you need him to keep the grift propped up and hope the support team each has enough fans to prop up the podcast bench.
Most people aren't the IWC, so Bruce doing wacky impersonations and spinning quality BS keeps his head above Grumpy "6 repeated stories every week" JR, Long winded deep in the grass Bischoff, Arn "He's funny when not on camera, we swear" Anderson, Tony and his podcast full of dick jokes, and now Kurt "let's see what I remember from my drug haze" Angle.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean really fuck me sideways for assuming that fat oaf Conrad has any concerns RE: artistic quality. He makes more than enough at his day job that he doesn’t really need to do any of these podcasts. It is all a huge grift! . I hate this country but especially myself!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean really fuck me sideways for assuming that fat oaf Conrad has any concerns RE: artistic quality. He makes more than enough at his day job that he doesn’t really need to do any of these podcasts. It is all a huge grift! . I hate this country but especially myself!
Billionaires grift all the time. Not really sure why you think Conrad isn't grifting while also having fun at his hobby. It became a grift for sure once the ad free shows stuff started and the regular podcast ads became brutal.

Corny (more like Brian Last) turning Corny's show from a hour sprint to a 3 plus hour twice a week slog was also done for the sake of ads and whatnot. Corny being so freakin' long now eats up the time most of Conrad's podcasts might have gotten from me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Woke Kamala says “Support small businesses!”*

*Kris Zellner and Bix stumbling and stammering for 4+ hours.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's kind of impressive that Conrad helped end shoot interviews by getting Flair and Bruce's podcasts to mega success, giving everyone an idea to copy. Now that he helped dry up the market, he puts his own shoot interviews behind a paywall and cashes in.

Crockett is a dry interview BTW. He has done both a WWF doc (IIRC) and the "Good Ol' Days" shoot series. I reviewed the latter for CXF.

Crockett sounded very depressed 20+ years later as he described turning his Daddy's multi-million dollar business in wrasslin, music and baseball into a bankrupt mess.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
STWW is on time today for the first time in months. Well, sort of. They're still catching up on the episodes they missed in January so they're doing Royal Rumble '96.

Maybe it's just me but waxing nostalgic about Rumbles past in February is listening to Christmas music in January. We just got that done with. I already started the WrestleMania rewatch thread, man!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Conrad also recently started a podcast with Chris Hero. Seriously, how many shows does this dude have and how does he find time for them all with a full-time day job?

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even though I don’t listen to his shows much anymore, it’s really insane what Conrad has built. Also: Is Bruce back in WWE (and now No. 2 in the entire company for creative!) if he doesn’t do STWW?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was actually listening to 83 Weeks on Harlem Heat yesterday and surprisingly pretty good. I have learned to stick to personality profiles more than the episodes focused on a single show since I feel like hosts let their guard down. Also Bischoff has gotten 10x better since he realized “Shit, I guess this is it for me in the wrestling industry.” And showed a shred of humility.

Speaking of which, they are doing a profile of Verne Gagne later this month. Hashtag @BruiserBrody bait/bate.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@Baby Shoes , the 83 Weeks episode on WCW's The Big Bang is scheduled for March 29th.

@BruiserBrody , the Verne Gagne episode is BORING but maybe I haven't gotten to good parts yet. JR mentioned on a recent episode of his podcast that Verne was inspiration for Ric Flair constantly whipping out his wedding tackle in front of the boys so maybe that'll come up (heh) later in the show.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Canadian celebrities taking American citizenship is the most Canadian thing they can do and most of us just wish them the best of luck and keep claiming them anyway since they always make sure to keep one foot in the door in case shit goes wrong anyway. Besides Wrestling Canadians have been dining out on Brock moving here for years so we'll give you this one.