Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE: The Road to WrestleMania XL

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find it funny that people online were acting like it's a big deal Cody said "Bitch". WWE drops "bitch" and "Shit" several times a year.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At risk of triggering Vale into calling me a pearl clutcher again, I just don’t think men should be calling each other bitch on WWE television in 2024. It just comes across as corny and very 2003.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it's corny. It's not because It's swearing it just sounds lame and like a deliberate attempt to get a curse word in. I have no problem with swearing at all.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
At risk of triggering Vale into calling me a pearl clutcher again, I just don’t think men should be calling each other bitch on WWE television in 2024. It just comes across as corny and very 2003.
But you're cool with wanting Arn to threaten to blow their heads off?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mox’s swear fingers are corny but it fits his character. Cody calling someone a bitch and saying The Rock has a small dick is jarring cause he is supposed to be an inspirational babyface.
But you're cool with wanting Arn to threaten to blow their heads off?
Threats of gun violence are a lot of things but they aren’t corny.

Valeyard

Reaction score
But people get killed every day. Why do you want to be a part to that?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That is another weird thing about Cody’s promo. Him saying The Rock was Roman’s bitch when it’s clearly been the other way around. Roman has had the body language and energy of a teenager who is watching his dad have a meltdown at mall and he doesn’t know what to do throughout this angle.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It also feels like how AEW made Joe feel irrelevant while he was supposedly feuding with MJF for the title while focusing on the lame ass Devil shit and then responded to that by making him be a side character during the swerve and page story recently. They’ve rectified that now.

Point here is, stop marginalizing our Samoan champions.

More importantly to note is that Dwayne is cutting 20 minute micromanaged and workshopped heat promos on and off television and yet, Gunther is 100% more effective as a heel just standing in a suit and telling Sami “no I don’t believe you can beat me, you can try but you won’t” with a derisive smirk.

Less heels trying to be cute and going viral and just have big ugly fuckers tell the bum on the other side he can’t hang.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m worried that they have backed themselves into a corner of Roman looking like a chump or getting the wrong kind of heat with the fans.

If he loses, and he definitely should lose, I am not sure if he is able to regain what he has built up for the last three and a half years even if he goes over The Rock on their eventual match. If he wins, then it puts the bold font and exclamation point on the Cody Rhodes is this generation’s Lex Luger sentiment plus you’re really risking the casual fans souring on LOLROMANWINS (again).

All that being said, he is close enough to surpassing Hogan’s first title that you have to consider letting him surpass it. Sorry Brody.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Rock's really ineffective to me. The whole thing isn't working like it should and it's completely because of Rock inserting himself like this and it's really made Seth in particular look like a total joke because he has literally no point being involved anymore.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
But Chris Van Vliet said it was the best of his career! Not just pro wrestling but his filmography as well!

(bad wrestling fan takes thread crosspost?)

Staff member
Reaction score
I think tbh they had four years to get Roman so over that nobody could big brother him and they failed. Unless you had the Rock stand in the corner doing nothing he would make Roman look bad just by being there. It's not reasonable to expect that the Rock never come in to do anything ever again.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Women amirite

But honestly that's both a very diplomatic and forgiving assessment of Vince while also sounding like she has no real idea what happens beyond what she's told.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is still baffling how badly WWE botched Ronda. How did she end up being a random undercard talent? Not saying that her growth didn’t clearly plateau after a while and demotion was entirely undeserved but it all seems like a horrible waste.

@BruiserBrody , it’s like if Mr. T stuck around until 1988 to work undercard tag team matches with JYD against the Bolvsheiks, for a frame of reference you might get.

Valeyard

Reaction score
She was never the same after being booed out of Survivor Series. Before that she was genuinely great other than hurting Bliss. It also hurt her significantly that she worked so often because the novelty died hard. She should've had a Brock schedule.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Women amirite

But honestly that's both a very diplomatic and forgiving assessment of Vince while also sounding like she has no real idea what happens beyond what she's told.
She also had no issue going to Saudi and she certainly had the leverage to not appear there but given her political affiliation, why would she oppose being in that country?

She was a natural talent who clearly wasn’t into it for the long haul and that’s okay. She lasted longer than most probably ever really expected.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Charlotte third wheeling her biggest match is still funny.
Never be able to convince me they didn’t do that just to make sure they could conveniently edit Ronda out for future video packages about “HISTORY” (sorry, @King Kamala, I mean HERstory) and whatya know, they sure did do that.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rousey is a rare case of WWE not micromanaging somebody enough. Also there was no reason for her to be working a full time schedule. In retrospect, I knew her run was doomed when they announced that she was doing full house show loops.

Also how the hell did she never get paired with Heyman?

Weirdly, I think they rectified a lot of the mistakes they made with Ronda Rousey with how they have booked Logan Paul.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
What parts of that do you disagree with?
Nothing. I laughed out loud at her scorched Earth answer.

Even as one who doesn't watch anymore, I can agree with the over exposed sentiment when she went full time. Plus her aura from UFC is now in the distant past and even some of the dominant next gen of fighters are retiring by now.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That was a major problem too. Her whole image was about talking shit and breaking arms in short order, now she's doing WWE scripted promos and hanging with people who have no business being a threat. I like Alexa Bliss more than most but I'm sorry, I don't care what smoke and mirrors you pull out, that match doesn't go more than three minutes for the benefit of everyone. I don't even think Ronda is a really captivating personality but she had the BAD REPUTATION of talking shit only to be doing 2007 Cena promos. She's nothing if she can't swear.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You read that as a scorched earth thing? Maybe I'm just wildly missing a joke there.