Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWF Ruthless Aggression (2002- 2008)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s hard to get into the matches and storyline when you can’t stop thinking about Kurt Angle being rendered impotent.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I actually watched that clip again and I might need to eat my words because I vividly remember actually watching this. That was during the time I could only watch an hour of Raw and maybe an hour and a half of Smackdown, wasn't online, and pretty much only remember Eddie and Cena. Weird blinders on for that time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kurt Angle crying cause the fans are laughing at him and he can’t even have sex with his wife is up there with “IT’S THE WALL, BROTHER!” and Sid’s car being crushed for funniest moments in wrestling to me personally.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Angle has a legitimate claim to being the GOAT. He could do anything.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Lawler was funny once, right? Like is my memory of him tainted by this era or was he always bad?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He had mildly amusing moments here in there during the New Generation era when he wasn’t overly relying on the Henny Youngman joke book.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
When he shit on Tiny Tim after his death, said his smashing of Tim's ukelele was the beginning of the end and implied that the crowd at his final concert cheered at the announcement of his passing, that was pretty funny.

EDIT:

Valeyard

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember this. Must not have been as culturally significant as Trump vs Rosie.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was even more embarrassing cause it was a multiple week storyline. I am amazed Trump himself didn’t show up to beat up the Rosie impersonator. Didn’t “Rosie” go on to have a TNA run?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Possibly? I don't remember much about her compared to Ace Steel.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Unless you're mixing her up with Rosie Lottalove.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Heyman is gonna be around forever. Bischoff has no actual love for the business or the skills to succeed in it without cheat codes. And tbh it's a miracle the Vince shit has actually happened as it has.

Man, I just hate how these three in the same company was made to feel so unspecial by the time it happened.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Heyman has shown over and over to be the only promoter/booker to be willing to change with the times. He has his tropes, but also knows enough to listen to younger folks about what is and isn't going to work for the target audience.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Shannon Moore looks cracked out.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Should've been the new Colossal Connection and mowed through everyone.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That was something special. Couldn't hope for a better buildup to the first ppv of the rebranding.