Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Way, way premature to speculate but I don’t expect Biden to seek a second term. I feel this is a platform to get the American public familiar and comfortable with Kamala and we see Mayor Pete as her VP.

If the Trumps aren’t in jail, their new news channel may spawn some new 3rd party because as many conservatives fell in line with him, the nutcases making the bulk of his base don’t quite fall into the traditional sense of Republican conservatism.

Just want to try to enjoy the now and not worry about any more elections or politics for a while.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
The rumor I heard is Trump/Trump Jr. in 2024 as the first father/son ticket. Setting up Trump Jr for 2028.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Can't even enjoy one day before you're trying to give me nightmares of VP Mayor Pete.
Plz elaborate. I've been on the Slayer Pete sass train since the primaries,

---

Black person w/ vagina loses to white male privilege in 4 years. IMO. Mitch is going to do his darndest to crater any progress.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Joe not being seen as Elite or a high maintenance Ivy Leaguer resonated with a lot of people. Hillary was seen as too snoody and upper class to a lot of people. I think they need to avoid Mayo Pete in 2024 as a Presidential or VP candidate for that very reason, but he can be of use elsewhere. Big Pete seems like a massive step down from Joe when it comes to empathy and reaching out to people. Now Yang possibly could excite me in four years, but he needs to fine tune his debate skills in that time because I wasn't impressed with him in the primaries.

Staff member
Reaction score
Democrats win when they can convince people they're empathetic. It's as simple as that. A Republican is expected by their voters to be an extremely selfish person, and if the Democrat can't easily counteract that, they can't win.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ftr, you don't have to be born in the US to be eligible to run for president.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also I know everyone likes to assume that Biden will altruistically step down and hand the reins to Kamala at the end of his term but I think it's possible if not probable he'll run again despite being fuckin' old.

I don't remember anyone ever willingly stepping away after one term. If it did happen, it was before any of our grandparents were born probably.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also I know everyone likes to assume that Biden will altruistically step down and hand the reins to Kamala at the end of his term but I think it's possible if not probable he'll run again despite being fuckin' old.

I don't remember anyone ever willingly stepping away after one term. If it did happen, it was before any of our grandparents were born probably.
Polk, Buchanan, and Hayes are the only presidents to serve one 4-year term and not seek reelection for a second. Coolidge, Truman, and LBJ all won one term and did not seek reelection but also served partial first terms for presidents who died in office.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well it is Maine.

I can't believe I fuckin' forgot LBJ since I've been reading so much '60s-'70s US history during the lockdown. Truman was also during my grandparents lifetime but fact that he served almost all of FDR's last term makes me forget he wasn't a two term president.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And Truman and LBJ weren't entirely willing about not running for second terms. Truman was pushed by Estes Kefauver's primary performance and LBJ by McCarthy's (and Robert Kennedy's subsequent entering of the race).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Is this true?
It's sort of true: You have to be a "natural born" citizen, in order to be eligible to run for POTUS. That means that you have to have "birthright citizenship," which doesn't require you to be born in the US, but does require at least one of your parents to also be a "natural born" US citizen.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is this true?
Yes. As long as one of of the parents is a natural citizen of the US, a child could be born anywhere in the world and would be eligible for the presidency. For example, Ted Cruz. His father was a Cuban. Ted was born in Canada. But his mom was born in the US and therefor, if Cruz hadn't lost to Trump like a bitch, he would've been eligible for the presidency.

Another example is John McCain. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone while his father served in the US Navy. He wasn't born in the United States but could've served as president had he won in 2008.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Yes. As long as one of of the parents is a natural citizen of the US, a child could be born anywhere in the world and would be eligible for the presidency. For example, Ted Cruz. His father was a Cuban. Ted was born in Canada. But his mom was born in the US and therefor, if Cruz hadn't lost to Trump like a bitch, he would've been eligible for the presidency.

Another example is John McCain. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone while his father served in the US Navy. He wasn't born in the United States but could've served as president had he won in 2008.
Which only serves to crystalize just how racist the birtherism movement is.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Notice how Trump was leaning towards being a Democrat until Obama got big, because regardless if he presents himself as a liberal or conservative he's a racist piece of garbage.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What will useless, enabling shitasses like Cotton and Paul do when Trump announces he's running for 2024 in the next month or 2?

Last edited: