Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

2024 Election

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I voted Hawkins in 2016 and don't regret it because RI went for Hillary anyway, so my vote for Hawkins didn't matter except for potentially raising the budget for the Green Party's 2020 run.

Fairness Doctrine needs to be brought back, because I still firmly believe that any debate featuring Hawkins where labor issues arose would have seen him do well enough to where the Dems would've gotten worried and adopted some of the reform that's been needed since Reagan fucked us all over.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As I still have plenty of my old libertarian leanings, I agree about the Fairness Doctrine as well.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
I'm just going to clarify something, and it's why I get so incredibly heated whenever someone decries third party voters.
...any debate featuring Hawkins where labor issues arose would have seen him do well enough to where the Dems would've gotten worried and adopted some of the reform that's been needed since Reagan fucked us all over.
This is why voting third party matters, and why so many leftists have become so numb and indifferent to the post-Obama Dems. Obama didn't do as much for working class Americans as he could have, as he maybe should have, but what he did manage to push through and champion was a major step back toward the right direction. Biden, to a surprising extent, has also done a fairly solid job extending union power and pushing for issues that positively affect working class families, but it comes across as "too little too late" more often than not.

Voting for a further left third party candidate in a state that's guaranteed to go Blue is a strategic decision. Since so many further left third parties focus on issues that we're all generally in agreement on (single-payer, union power, workers rights, etc.), having a growing portion of the "base" for Democratic voters telling the established leaders that their outdated policies need revision, done so by showing a greater level of support for candidates that make these issues their focus, will force the established Dem leaders to pull further left.

Do I think that Stein would be a good POTUS? Or Hawkins? No, I honestly don't, but I do believe their voices being heard, and in turn the voices of the disaffected left-leaning voting base, will make the conversation steer toward issues that have more direct affects on the majority than what has been done so far.

(To say nothing of the Green Party's inability to even present a suitable platform or strategy to enact the changes it claims to stand for, or even the lack of cohesion within it. And to say even less of further left candidates and voters who, despite sharing affiliations with various DIY subcultures, ignore the local elections - town aldermen, city council, county chair, state senate, etc. - to their own detriment.)

If you live in a Red state, or a battleground state, and want change? Vote Blue for POTUS, and find the local candidates whose policies are the closest to your ideals. If you live in a Blue state anyway, then voting for a third party won't matter as directly in the final tally for the Electoral College, but it will tell the state, county, and municipal candidates that there are issues they are either ignoring or not addressing to the extent that they should.

Build from the foundation.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I get it. The problem is this generation likely won't see the benefits of voting third party and people often don't want to waste time on something that can't benefit then immediately (something something conservative voters).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ranked choice voting (and finding a super popular and/or super wealthy candidate to lead the movement) is third parties only hope IMO.

It is slowly gaining traction but far from a reality.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is probably out of the running to be self made man of integrity Robert Kennedy Jr's running mate.

Dandy

Reaction score
I am a fan of many parties like in Norway. When you have two parties, they will naturally become polar opposites of each other and create gridlock by not wanting to show perceived weakness to the other.

However, I also am mindful on a national/Presidential level that any vote that could give Trump a possible path to the office is something I cannot do. I am not saying that is right and that is not trying to contradict @Laz at all. Just my own personal reason for the current climate to vote for one of the big two parties over considering a third/other party.

This country’s political system needs an upheaval and it will likely take a revolution to do it.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
I am a fan of many parties like in Norway. When you have two parties, they will naturally become polar opposites of each other and create gridlock by not wanting to show perceived weakness to the other.
I mean, they aren't polar opposites of each other, but they're different enough, yeah. Coke and Pepsi.
However, I also am mindful on a national/Presidential level that any vote that could give Trump a possible path to the office is something I cannot do. I am not saying that is right and that is not trying to contradict @Laz at all. Just my own personal reason for the current climate to vote for one of the big two parties over considering a third/other party.

This country’s political system needs an upheaval and it will likely take a revolution to do it.
That's fair, which is why I emphasized going third patty in Blue states. Like, you know Trump isn't going to win anywhere in the Northeast, and it's not likely he'll get enough Electoral Votes from the PNW or California to matter (they'll go Blue anyhow), so voting Green or Rainbow or whatever in those areas won't matter beyond getting a larger platform for those parties down the road. Swing states and Reds, though? Yeah. I agree with

I don't think a revolution in the truest sense is going to happen, and it won't need to if the folks who (like me) are sick and fucking tired of the binary system focus on local elections more. That's a fundamental difference between Left and Right wing voters and mindsets: the Left believes in top down policy whereas the Right believes in grassroots.

Much like economic policy, believing that fundamental change can trickle down from the top is asinine. You NEED to plant the seeds and let the roots grow.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I know some attractive ones however they are so annoying and deliberately out of touch that it feels wrong to think so. Hasan Piker fans is a disqualifier.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like it’s probably a similar number of hotties as there are in the MAGA camp. A few sterling exceptions but mostly people who look like they hang out in Brody’s workplace parking lot.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tankies are hilarious, I remember when @tekcop first introduced me to them like 10 years ago or something. The sheer delusion is fantastic. I can't even get mad at them like with MAGA people or some other types.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
Tankies exist solely for cuntservatives to have verbal ammo to mock leftist policy. Believing on any level that the USSR was anything but a totalitarian hellscape is pathetic.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I get a weird 2016 feeling from The New York Times’ coverage of the Presidential race. Today’s episode of The Daily basically is “The RNC is ludicrously more chaotic and underfunded than the DNC. Here is how that hurts Joe Biden.”

Hopefully the lame stream media is as irrelevant as the right wing says.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had to look up tankie. I know these people but I didn't know that term for 'em.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She gave several million towards Bobby Jr's Super Bowl commercial.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if races like this will effect the main 2024 Election but it's worth noting if Biden goes after these issues at the Federal level against Trump (imagine Trump trying to spin Abortion/IVF towards himself in debates).

"Lands beat Republican Teddy Powell by a wide margin — about 25 percentage points — in a politically moderate section of northern Alabama that Donald Trump won by a single percentage point in 2020. Just fewer than 6,000 people voted — offering a limited snapshot of voter attitudes.

But the race tested election-year strategies that Democrats are hoping to deploy well beyond the district and the state. Lands bet her campaign that voters in the suburban district were angry about the state’s strict ban on most abortions and the Alabama Supreme Court’s recent ruling that frozen embryos created through IVF were people, a decision that temporarily halted the medical procedure in the state and affected many families planning to use IVF to have a baby."

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My guess is for the most part, Trump will try to leave abortion off of the table in his remarks. It’s the one thing his dumbass is probably smart enough to know that the anti-Abortion crew will always vote for him over a Democrat anyway.

I mean I’m hoping he can’t help himself because Kansas and Ohio shot those initiatives down when they were on the ballot.