Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

AEW in March 2024: Thank you, Sting

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Obvious news but WON is reporting that Sting’s last match will main event Revolution on Sunday.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
“Sting was back in his old surfer gear. Allin and the Bucks no-showed so Flair took their place. The two went 45 minutes with lots of near falls. The video quality was far below usual AEW standards, resembling a 1988 NWA broadcast.”

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
“Sting was back in his old surfer gear. Allin and the Bucks no-showed so Flair took their place. The two went 45 minutes with lots of near falls. The video quality was far below usual AEW standards, resembling a 1988 NWA broadcast.”
Holy shit. A rare moment I don't regret dipping into the AEW thread. Well done!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He should be glad that Tony brought him back at all (and put him over in his last angle, even if it did air on the C show) with as much public bitching that Santana did.

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol yeah. Probably not going.
Yeah as someone who did about six hours of driving on Sunday, then fucked around with the race car simulator for two hours at the NASCAR hall of fame, I’m not sure I’m ever doing that kind of driving again lirl.

I should have gotten a different hotel each night. That would have made things better in terms of not being stuck with a bad bed. Lesson learned. But then maybe I’d have three different bad beds. Idk.

One of the big differences between the west and east, is that from out here it‘s literally too far to drive from one city to another. So I am not used to driving five hours on the highway cause I just don’t have to. But if you live east of Dallas everyone does it all the time. We have worse traffic but we’re too weak for that endurance shit and I’m not the only one. I know very few people who would drive further than Vegas.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i dont mind driving long distances for this stuff but i also go with people so I have someone to talk to/split the driving with, which makes it a lot easier. I'm willing to drive a pretty long ways for even a tv taping or a good house show just because we don't get a lot of big shows here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see how AEW draws in a weaker market for them (that it previously burned) less than eight weeks after their last PPV.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They also just ran a Collision in St Louis in January. Other than Chicago, they never come back to a market that quickly.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The building they're running the PPV only has a 7K capacity so wondering if this will be an easy sell out for them.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is their first time running a less than 15k seat venue since All Out 2022 and less than 10k seat venue since the pandemic.

Although I feel like PPV attendance is less the issue than attendance for TV tapings. Even the Vegas PPVs that everyone hates have always drawn over 10k.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Everyone wants to punch Sammy and Sammy keeps doing and saying dumb shit.

Cut him loose, there’s a hundred dozen acts like him already on your payroll and out in the world.

Staff member
Reaction score
Well now we know whose fault it is for finishing the match after Jeff got KO'd. That's pretty bad.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Fuck him, they got Osperay now who can do everything Sammy does better.

Sammy and Riddle for the IWGP tag titles.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Straight trade him to TNA for Speedball.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was kind of surprised when I saw Sting’s sons that they had never tried their hands at the biz but they heard all about David & Reid Flair (if they didn’t know them personally) and probably knew best to stay the frig away from Papa Stinger’s work.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was kind of surprised when I saw Sting’s sons that they had never tried their hands at the biz but they heard all about David & Reid Flair (if they didn’t know them personally) and probably knew best to stay the frig away from Papa Stinger’s work.
Also probably important that unlike the Flair boys, their dad hasn’t pissed away the majority of their inheritance either.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Sting's also been very vocal about how bad his life got toward the end of WCW, and how the time taken away after WCW closed and finding his faith saved his life. It's entirely possible that he warned his sons not to follow in his footsteps and that he was only sticking to it because it was all he knew.

Regardless, Stinger is an all-timer, and that someone who persevered through bad booking almost his entire career could still be so iconic is amazing.

Sammy and Riddle for the IWGP tag titles.
...now I want Guevara in MLW.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even putting behavior issues aside, Guevara hit his ceiling in AEW a while ago. It wouldn’t be a bad thing for him to go somewhere else and get a new paint of coat.

Staff member
Reaction score
WWE needs quality in ring talent more than most are willing to acknowledge. If Tony let Sammy go, HHH should sign him instantly. And he probably would! So he’s not being released.