Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Bellator Fighting Championships: Round 2

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The Paper Industry said:
I think MVP embarrasses Daley if it stays on the feet. This guy's ground game is mad suspect though.

I totally agree. I’m not rooting for it. But it’s how I see this going down. At least in the tournament format he’s going to get tested

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Gallagher just made the wrong end of the bellator highlight reel tonight. Kinda always love seeing guys put on a big display before the fight get shut down.

Glad to see that the bum on the undercard that missed weight by 15lbs got finished.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was such a satisfying beatdown. Gallagher is young and I think he'll be back but he needed to be sat down like that.

Darrion Caldwell is such a fucking beast. I'm glad that Bellator is finding homegrown talent to showcase but the selfish fan in me wants him to sign with the UFC. Having said that, him staying at 145 to fight Patricio Pitbull is a fight that given a good undercard I would absolutely pay money to watch.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Michael Chandler has re-upped with Bellator and it seems pretty likely at 32 years old that he'll finish his career with them. I'm happy that he's getting paid but I'm more then a little bummed out that we'll likely never see him go up against the killers that the UFC has at 155.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/27/17912366/wanderlei-silva-says-hes-making-1-million-for-bellator-206-fight-with-rampage-jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R93lkRitmng

b-1.jpg

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I imagine Wandy and Rampage gas out quick and then Rampage uses some wrestling and lay and pray to win a boring decision that makes it look like both guys should've retired 7 years ago. STILL EXCITED TO SEE IT. Mousasi/Rory tonight as well.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If it's anything like it's been for the NFL in Canada, DAZN should be quite the shitshow tonight.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn, I thought it was on Paramount Network? Of course Bellator would choose to air this show this way.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It could be worse, you could have been one of their UK fans who stayed up until 6am to watch the main event only to have the time slot run over and a rerun of motherfuckin' Peppa Pig come on instead.

I figured that going into this fight that the size of Mousasi was going to be a problem for Rory and it was. Props to the Red King for stepping up but I think those on his team and in his inner circle need to have a frank conversation with him about his future and his health cause he got bludgeoned at the end of that fight and he's probably now left Bellator in a weird situation because I don't see him stepping back into the cage for another 6-8 months or so and he was supposed to get a bye to the second round of the WW tournament to defend his title.

Also we all LOL'd collectively when Aaron Pico got dropped and choked out in his debut fight but holy jesus has he looked unstoppable since then. I'm totally ok with him in a #1 contender fight at this point and I'm sure Bellator would love to be able to promote a homegrown talent like him.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
He's been fighting pro mma for fourteen years and has taken some beatings, including two bad ones in his last two fights (even if one was a win). Like Koab said before; when you start training for and fighting pro mma at age 16, your brain doesn't get the chance to ever fully develop. That's especially true if you are taking beatdowns like the one Condit gave him.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So depending on the outcome of tonight's fight (KILL HIM FEDOR) we could see the HW Grand Prix Finals being between two former UFC dudes who are natural MW's and LHW's.

I feel like if he isn't in the Top 10 of all time Ryan Bader is at minimum in the Top 15 at 205. Ever since the Rumble loss in 2016 he's looked unreal, going 11-1 in the last five years of competition against top guys is legit.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Bader has always been a favorite of mine. No surprise at all with how that fight went. If Fedor beats Chael and Bader beats Fedor the tournament will have gone as I thought.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the only thing that prevented Bader from a TKO victory is how tough Mitrione is. There were moments in that fight that were really close to being stopped, as evidenced by multiple 10-8 rounds.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't see the show, but I'm reading the results and the one thing that jumps out to me is SERGEI KHARITONOV FUCK YEAH. Third guy to knock out Big Country after Arlovski and Hunt. Although Big Country hasn't been lighting the world on fire the last few years. Still, I'm glad to see Sergei get a decent win.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love the talk that this was somehow a work. Like Chael Sonnen isn't infamous for doing dumb shit and quitting in big fights.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From what I've seen on MMA reddit and whatnot most of the people crying work are Chael fanboys. It's weird he has fanboys these days since he really hasn't done shit in six years and is an old washed up fighter with corny one liners.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Jack Swagger debuting Jan 26th opposite UFC PPV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_233

Jake Hager, better known as Jack Swagger to pro wrestling fans, finally has an MMA debut date. The 36-year-old former NCAA wrestling All-American will fight JW Kiser on the undercard of of Bellator’s Heavyweight Grand Prix final event on January 29th.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12/3/18124936/wwe-star-jack-swagger-bellator-debut-fedor-bader-grand-prix-undercard-mma-news

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:
CAN'T WAIT!

https://twitter.com/JCGRWD/status/1088935384069951490

Reminds me of this classic fight

Dx0fGGvW0AAwq3_.jpg

If Swags gets clipped by this guy, I'll laugh so hard.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Visually that was a silly tomato can match up. Even by bellator standards.
I mean, didn't UFC give Punk a guy who was thought of as a tomato can, and Punk still got handled?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Youth N Asia said:
I mean, didn't UFC give Punk a guy who was thought of as a tomato can, and Punk still got handled?

The first Punk fought was a decent prospect. The second guy was a can.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
brocklock said:
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Youth N Asia said:

The first Punk fought was a decent prospect. The second guy was a can.

And Punk wasn’t half a foot taller and have a foot long reach advantage over either guy.