Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Commercials we hate

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

I’m basing this on nothing. But I’m sure the star of this commercial is one of the most rotten people to ever exist.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They've been around for over a year now, but the Chipotle commercials with the creepy voiceover guy shot documentary style are awful.

I was curious who the creepy voiceover guy was, and it turns out that it is none other than legendary filmmaker and documentarian Errol freaking Morris. What a weird partnership, but Errol must be a die hard fan of the Chipotle.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I usually like Kristen Bell, but her and Dax Shepard are insufferable in all commercials and have been for years. This new one is probably their worst

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
How long have the Allstate Mayhem ads been going? Only recently have they begun to bug me but I think that's got more to do with seeing him age than anything else.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
How long have the Allstate Mayhem ads been going? Only recently have they begun to bug me but I think that's got more to do with seeing him age than anything else.
To me they're like the Progressive ads with Flo (then Jamie). They were cute at first but the longer they've gone on, the appeal has lessened a lot.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like seeing Ryan O'Reilly from Oz getting work so I don't mind him.

But the Wendys crew with the Jamie lookalike and the goofy fat guy are getting under my skin

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Same with the T Mobile commercial with the guys from Suits jerking off the air and making weird noises.

Catching up on Whose Line on the CW app and seeing these guys twice every commercial break. Are streamers aware that they're allowed to sell to multiple advertisers? Jesus christ.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Same with the T Mobile commercial with the guys from Suits jerking off the air and making weird noises.

Having never watched Suits I kinda of thought these were a Property Brothers type pair.

Been throwing on Pluto lately, and these fucks show up way too often making noises. I don’t get the appeal. Is that something they did on the USA hit series Suits?

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yes, there's been a resurgence of popularity for the show ever since it hit Netflix last summer and now the actors are cashing in.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a light and breezy show, but the newfound popularity is baffling to me. I used to watch some before Mr. Robot and would nod off at times. Psych and Monk are much better USA shows imo. Mr. Robot too, but it's too bizarre and mean spirited to get a wider audience. Is it because this country is obsessed with the Royal Family, and Meghan Markle is a cast member?

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It's a legitimately entertaining show that a lot of people slept on. It's incredibly easy to watch and hey, Craig from Degrassi is a recurring character!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lots of Rick Hoffmaniacs I suppose. He's the only on screen presence that grabbed me when I watched. I don't like the two main guys though. They look so smug, and now they are ruined forever because of those T Mobile commercials.

Last edited:

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
There's a new Dunkin' commercial with Will Arnett and a very scary robot Ben Affleck that's already got me wound up after three viewings.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The pandering to Gen Z with "influencers" is the worst new commercial trope around. This commercial is just awful and hard to watch. These two dorks aren't even real influencers. There's an extended version I saw where one of them is doing the floss. Hell on earth.

Last edited: