Cool Science/Archaeology etc News and Discussion thread

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the last things I remembered about my Government BA program in 2003 was political ideologies and the professor's coverage of Feminism. He was/still is pretty hard right with a few surprising liberal ideologies that aligned with me so I respected him for being real and putting principle before party. So, his coverage of Feminism as a political ideology was rather centrist in presentation to my 22 year old brain. One thing that stuck with me was that in labs they can now send an electric pulse to a woman's reproductive organs and fertilize the egg without sperm. Due to the lack of a Y chromosome, the baby will be female 100% of the time. Over generations, women will be able to reproduce without the help of men and eventually men will become obsolete and extinct.

While in an altered state of mind the other night, I remembered that lecture randomly and wondered why in 21 years I've not seen anything in any medium about this. Like surely this would have come up by now? I hopped on the Google machine and it's bullshit. As recently as 2022 there have been lab produced models but no actual real pregnancies and no actual efforts to produce an army of just women in a lab.

So scientifically, it was bullshit and purely just theoretical and probably his own insecurities coming out in class. He's still teaching elsewhere. I also seem to remember recounting his lecture to other people through the years. I'm a little, annoyed in retrospect.