Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF NFL Dynasty Year 12 - League Is GO For 2024!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft

Who's interested in acquiring Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles for a 2019 draft pick?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft (1 Team Avlb)

Kinsey's team is available. If somebody wants his roster, hit me up with a PM!

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

This league is awesome. Probably my favorite football league. It makes me a lot better in every other league. The available team has the first pick in all four rounds of the draft. You could either draft the best available rookie or trade that pick for a ransom of players and /or picks. If you like keeper league football, this takes it to an entirely new level. We have massive benches so you can stash a player for a year to wait for him to develop with barely any impact to your weekly scoring.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

AVAILABLE TEAM
Draft picks: 1.1, 2.1, 2.12, 3.1, 4.1
QBs: Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles, Jay Cutler, Cardale Jones
RBs: Javorius Allen, Andre Ellington, Kenyan Drake, Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, James Conner, Danny Woodhead, Dwayne Washington, Joe Williams
WRs: Sammy Watkins, Devin Funchess, Breshad Perriman, Taylor Gabriel, J.J. Nelson, Kendall Wright, Corey Davis, Tavon Austin, John Ross, Kamar Aiken
TEs: Dwayne Allen, Vernon Davis, Jonnu Smith
DEF: Tennessee, NY Jets

28 players is our max roster size for active/healthy players, so you'll have to cut 5 players for the 5 draft picks this team has.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Krankor said:
This league is awesome. Probably my favorite football league. It makes me a lot better in every other league. The available team has the first pick in all four rounds of the draft. You could either draft the best available rookie or trade that pick for a ransom of players and /or picks. If you like keeper league football, this takes it to an entirely new level. We have massive benches so you can stash a player for a year to wait for him to develop with barely any impact to your weekly scoring.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to create this league in particular. I wanted something more than just the typical Keep 6 league. Every team has a chance to be competitive, teams can fluctuate if a guy suddenly retires (ala Megatron for me) or a rookie suddenly pans out for another team and becomes a massive stud. Whiffing on a QB ala Johnny Manziel can set a team back or you can find a gem in R3/R4 ala RB David Johnson who completely transforms your team's fortune.

Another thing I really like is that it forces you to know the NFL on a much deeper level and trust/evaluate your own GM skills. Do you keep that RB you drafted in Round 2 a couple years ago who's flashed but hasn't quite gotten it together yet? Do you trade down/up if you think a Rookie Class is strong or weak? Maybe you really trust in a QB/RB/WR so you try to trade for them but have to give up a bit more than you'd like knowing it could pay off later.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Also the insane trades we do. Like me and Krankor. I've gotten a good haul out of that, but Krankor might reap the better benefits if I fuck up my picks.

Oh and I'm looking to get higher up in the draft. Anyone willing to make some trades?

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

When are our team cuts due? I never remember. I believe it's following the rookie draft right? I generally know who I'm cutting but it's kind of influx due to the draft and me not knowing until after the draft how many rookies I'm bringing in for next season.

Also I have a mini-trade block of players that might interest people more than drafting a rookie:
QB Philip Rivers
QB Nick Foles (SUPER BOWL MVP)
RB Jordan Howard
WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Donte Moncrief

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Krankor said:
When are our team cuts due? I never remember. I believe it's following the rookie draft right? I generally know who I'm cutting but it's kind of influx due to the draft and me not knowing until after the draft how many rookies I'm bringing in for next season.

Also I have a mini-trade block of players that might interest people more than drafting a rookie:
QB Philip Rivers
QB Nick Foles (SUPER BOWL MVP)
RB Jordan Howard
WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Donte Moncrief

Correct, it'll be following the draft. Still working on trying to find somebody to take over Kinsey's roster.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

I sent someone a message about it a few hours ago, so we'll see where that goes.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft on May 4th at 12:00 PM ET

So I've renewed the league and imported last year's rosters so they should show up on your team page.

I'll try and add the Rookies to each respective team after our Board Draft (although teams may be able to literally just add the rookies to their teams after they make the selection on the board via Add/Drop but I'm not sure yet if that's feasible).

Also sent an official e-mail invite to Saints Fan H to take over Kinsey's team.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Can we not have divisions this year? I kind of felt last year the vast majority of the higher point scoring teams by chance ended up in one and only a few playoff caliber teams in the other. With two divisions you dont end up playing every team in the league at least once, which kinda sucks.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Krankor said:
Can we not have divisions this year? I kind of felt last year the vast majority of the higher point scoring teams by chance ended up in one and only a few playoff caliber teams in the other. With two divisions you dont end up playing every team in the league at least once, which kinda sucks.

The Playoff Seeding Options are as follows

- Winners Awarded Top Seeds (Current Scenario)
- Winners Advance But Seeded by Overall Standings
- All Teams Seeded By Overall Standings

EDIT: Main issue seems to be that Yahoo sorts all other teams by 'Overall Standings' as far as whether they make the playoffs or not.

EDIT 2: Apparently there's a way to edit the playoff seedings in Week 1 of the playoffs but I don't know if that means being able to substitute teams in.

EDIT 3: Sent an e-mail to support to see if there's anyway to make it so that it automatically does a proper 2/2. Looking at the league history, only year that happened was 2016.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

If you do divisions, it should do Division Winners, then Seeded by Overall Standings. It isn't that option itself, but there is an option like that.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Since we dont have a massive number of teams no divisions make the best teams make the playoffs and everyone gets to play each team during the regular season at least once. That was the point of my post.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Got it, Krankor. I'm fine with doing no divisions if that's cool with everybody else.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Draft begins tomorrow!

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

I've got the 2nd pick in the draft and I will say I have no idea what I'm doing with it. So many f'n holes on this team after so many players on the DL and stuff. Here's hoping I land a good player.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

SFH will be on the clock at 12:00 PM ET/9:00 AM PT tomorrow. I'll send him a PM as a reminder, then it's 24 hours per pick. Just remember to PM the person after you and announce/confirm when a trade has been made.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I think I figured it out. There's no action required on yahoo and if I'm wrong I'm first pick and I have 23 hours to rectify my stupidity:

1x01. Saquon Barkley RB, Penn State

Staff member
Reaction score

Can I please get permission to make my pick on Sunday? It's impossible to do it here.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft is Underway!

Had a rough day yesterday and was waiting to hear back on a couple of trades. Also yes, before someone asked, was thinking of trading out. Since nothing was accomplished, I'll make this pick.

QB Baker Mayfield

I would like to try trading up from 12 if there's anyone who wants to work with me.

Will Scarlet

Integral Poster
Reaction score

My running backs were awful last year, and it didn't help to lose David Johnson in Week 1 with a season ending injury. I think this guy will be able to help out:

guice.jpg

Derrius Guice, RB

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

sd-sp-rashaad-penny-gets-a-ride-to-seahawks-minicamp-with-seattle-radio-host-gee-scott-0505

Rashaad Penny, RB

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft: OG, 909 (Sunday), Flagg, Hawk

Willing to package my 1st Rounder (1.10) and a 3rd Rounder to move up if anybody wants to drop back.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft: OG, 909 (Sunday), Flagg, Hawk

Dammit, don't copy me HQ! :mad:

:p

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score

ah shit, Witten actually retired didn't he? Now I need a TE, thanks a lot you bum

OG

OG
Reaction score

Royce Freeman, RB

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft: 909 (Sunday), Flagg, Hawk, Old

QB Josh Rosen.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft: Flagg, Hawk, Oldskool, HQ

D.J. Moore, WR

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft: Flagg, Hawk, Oldskool, HQ

QB SAM DARNOLD