Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF NFL Dynasty Year 12 - League Is GO For 2024!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF Football Dynasty Year 6 - Season Starts 9/6 and 9/9

Flik and Steak could potentially start pulling away although the draft looks like it could become a chaotic picture pretty quickly.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Eh. They both play each other once. Plus Steak gets to deal with me again. I just took care of business this past week against Flik. Lucky for Steak Gurley Kelce & Mahomes will be on bye that week. Its actually possible one of them will miss the playoffs. Steak has had the lowest points scored against him by about 300 pts. I think there is a good deal of luck going into his record. Plus in Week 1, my team was so trash against him that I deemed it more beneficial to just bench Gurley & Goff to get the top waiver seed than score more points, still lose, and have a worse waiver position.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Fucking Bortles.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

I've had a lot of unfortunate injury situations in the last two weeks that did not help me against Krankor. Not taking away from your win, just pointing out that I'm not exactly at my best.

I will admit though, that I'm in trouble if I can't get some of my guys back. I don't have a lot of depth now that I've gone more or less all in. So if more people get injured, my season could be entirely derailed.

Though then again, I still would do it for the chance to get Saquon and Coutee. That was so worth it.

Also, the draft is going to be interesting. Lots of trades have been made and frankly, I'm trying to sell my 2nds off for some depth or trying to at least buy a 1st. Haven't been successful in either case.

Staff member
Reaction score

Will Fuller probably just tore his ACL so I am fucked, mad, and am playing for next season. I will trade everything except these guys for the right price. The reason some of these guys are tagged is because I know their real value and nobody will give me it.

Josh Rosen
Will Fuller
Keelan Cole
Christian McCaffrey

Everyone else including Kirk Cousins, TY Hilton and Jimmy Graham are for sale. Graham should be really useful as there are barely any good TE's in the entire league now. Hilton and Cousins are two of the best players in this format. I would want a lot of assets for anyone I just mentioned in the last few sentences.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Minor trade:
909 gets Antonio Callaway
Krankor gets Dion Lewis

My Trade Block:
RB Le'Veon Bell
RB Jordan Howard
RB Nyheim Hines
RB Duke Johnson
RB Wendell Smallcock
WR Josh Gordon
WR Dede Westbrook
WR Taywan Taylor

Some guys obviously have much higher price tags than others. I'm not feeling an incredible need to move any of them, but they are the most attainable players on my roster.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

I sent out quite a few trades. I think those might be my last offer in quite a few of those situations.

I'm not really willing to overpay for a lot of the marginal players I've been targeting. Been burned in the past by overpaying, not happening again. So, with that said, if I get no other additional offers on the players I listed above in my trade block by the end of the week, they'll no longer be available until, maybe/maybe not, the offseason.

Staff member
Reaction score

This never got posted even though we've agreed to it twice. Wait for Flik to confirm this before pushing it through please.

909 gets: Malcolm Brown, Krankor's 2020 2nd round pick

Flik gets: Devante Parker

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

God dammit, I'm facing Steak this week when I don't have Barkley? Aw man. I'm so going to lose. And trade accepted on my end 909. Sorry for the delay.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Pushed that trade through and also pushed this trade though.

Harley Quinn sends WR Courtland Sutton to Krankor for WR Dede Westbrook.

I like Sutton but I still have a good core and I like Westbrook's upside/athleticism despite the team he's on.

Staff member
Reaction score

All my good skill players are on bye this week so I'm gonna get pounded.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Trade Deadline is Nov 10th

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

:'( Back to back bad weeks for me. I've got a better opponent this week, but ugh.

Also, why did I not use Scal? I might've won if I had. Geezus. Congrats on your win Steak.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

I wish I lived in a world where people would either accept or reject trades in a timely manner.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Sorry, I completely forgot about the trades people sent me. My bad. Been a bit of a crazy few days. Taken care of just now.

Edit: fuck, wrong league.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Last call fellas!

What I'm looking for, basically everything. Got a QB that doesn't have a week 12 bye? I'm interested! Even for someone as shit as Eli. I like draft picks, since I basically have none. I like a WR that can pick up AJ Green's slack. I like a productive TE without a Week 12 bye.

Trade Block:
RB Le'Veon Bell - Time to pounce is now, not after he comes back. I've already absorbed all of the missed games. Once the offseason hits, he will still be available, but the price will be more substantial.

RB Nyheim Hines - Rookie sattelite back in Indy. In the mold of a Duke Johnson/Dion Lewis. He's been solid as a rookie, Marlon Mack gets hurt a lot.

RB Wendell Smallwood - Eagles RB situation is terrible. Smallwood has been getting steady carries.

WR Josh Gordon - Going to take a good haul to get him from me during the season now, due to AJ Green's toe injury. He is absorbing more and more targets each week. Trending up.

WR Chris Godwin - He has WR1 potential in Tampa. He has kind of had a hard time dealing with the rotating QB position their this season. Definite beast upside.

WR Taywan Taylor - Good upside younger WR on the Titans. Hurt his foot tonight. Havent heard if its major or not.

WR Brandon Powell - Detroit has groomed him to be their next slot man like Golden Tate. Only has been active the past two games.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

We have a trade:

MFer gets RB Le'Veon Bell PIT, RB Nyheim Hines IND, WR Brandon Powell DET

Krankor gets RB Rashaad Penny SEA, WR Golden Tate PHI, TE Chris Herndon NYJ

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Pretty big blockbuster of a deal there, bah gawd

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Bell was one of 3 players left from my initial roster when we first drafted the league. Zach Ertz and AJ Green are the last remaining two I think.

It was time to part ways for me. I had already planned on wanting to move him after this season a year ago. When I did the Winston trade last off season, I figured moving Bell would recoup some of the 2019 draft picks I traded away. I fully intended on doing that, but with him being a bitch and of no actual help to my team this year, I decided to see what I could get for him now.

I think I got offers from 4 different teams and I had sent offers out to 3 others. I sent MFer a few offers based around Penny & a startable WR. He countered this morning, I gave it some thought and accepted it.

I like Penny a lot. He's kind of gotten off to a shit start in Seattle. Hand injury/surgery in camp. Coming in fat and thinking he was ensured a starting job. Not how it works with the Petehawks. He wants his players to earn their snaps and reps. Penny definitely has the talent, otherwise they wouldn't have taken him in round 1. I'm totally fine with Penny just doing enough this season to prove he can be the starter next season.

Golden Tate is always a dependable dude. His numbers should improve in Philly. I would think Philly might want to resign him this offseason if he meshes well. Otherwise they wouldn't have traded a 3rd for a half year rental.

Don't know shit about Herndon other than he's been fairly steady for the Jets and I need a Week 12 TE to fill Kelce's spot.

Darnold's injury kind of helped fill my Week 12 QB holes. I'm pretty sure unless McCown is horrendous this week, the Jets won't rush Darnold's return.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

If anyone wants, I'm selling my 2nd for this year, along with my 2nd, 3rd and 4th for next. Looking for some more depth at RB and TE. Also QB, though I know I probably don't have enough for that.

Also Ryan Tannehill is for sale if someone wants to purchase him.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Might be a trade happening. We'll see. Probably not since the deadline is so close.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Well it only took one game to regret the trade, but my team is likely out of it anyways. Hopefully Bell will be Bell the next few years in a new location. I'm also in the market for a QB, doesn't have to be special, but I could use an extra body there.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Another tough week for me. I'm now 7-3, so most likely I can probably make the playoffs, but it isn't looking good. And I lost Kupp to an ACL tear, which sucks.

Also MFer, you are going to need to wait until the end of the season for the QB. Trade deadline was the 10th. I've got a Tannehill if you don't mind someone who's banged up.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Steak has a leg up on everybody in regards to securing a playoff spot from then 2-9 all have a shot with 4 weeks left. MFer's looking outside in at 4-6 as the longest shot but this could be crazy if some teams choke and lose a game or two.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Edit: Wrong league, fuck me.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

My playoffs basically start Week 12, got Mahomes, Goff, Gurley, Kelce, and AJ Green all missing the week I face Steak. Then the following week will probably prove to be a must win matchup vs Oldskool. Luckily I hold tiebreakers with total season points. I think if Hawk loses once, I should be golden.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

In this league, I've got a rough patch after Autumn Wind. All 3 current 5-5 teams are on my list and so anyone of them could probably upset my chances of making it to the playoffs.

Though, damn am I sitting pretty for the next few years. Good year overall.

OG

OG
Reaction score

Cannot believe I just beat another 5-5 team without playing any QB.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

3 more weeks for basically 3 spots in the playoffs. A whole bunch of teams sitting at 7-4 with 3 other teams on the outside looking in at 6-5/5-6.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Now that I'm not sitting out a bunch of guys like I was for the last week, I'll probably have a much better chance at winning now.