Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

CXF NFL Dynasty Year 12 - League Is GO For 2024!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Oldskool x2*, MFer, HQ, Scarlet, OG

So glad my RB is still available. Believe he's a legit stud and was possibly a 1st Round pick a year ago if not for injury and a 'down' Senior season caused him to fall in this year's draft.

RB Bryce Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-Bfi0PcF0&t=12s

Will Scarlet

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Oldskool x2*, Scarlet, OG, Oldskool, HQ, SFH

I debated this guy in the second round, so I'm glad he fell to me here in the third.

Alexander Mattison, RB

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Oldskool x2*, Scarlet, OG, Oldskool, HQ, SFH

OG will take TE Jace Sternberger with his 3rd Round selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pestdkjIYGY&t=61s

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Oldskool can pick any time.

Gonna roll with another WR that I'm really high on. Reports already that Kyle Shanahan is looking at this guy as a potential TE too.

WR Jalen Hurd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WToPycmbE&t

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Oldskool x3*, Krankor, SFH, HQ, SFH, Cletus

RB Devin Singletary, Bikks

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Oldskool x3*, Krankor, SFH, HQ, SFH, Cletus

WR Jamison Crowder is currently on the block for anyone who's got a pick they are interested in selling. Either this year or next would be swell.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Ryan Finley QB Bengals

(and a vex on Dalton)

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

I figure I have to hit on a TE eventually and this guy should initially carve out a role as a blocker while developing as a receiver if he can stick on Detroit's roster.

TE Isaac Nauta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Bo_9B6jKk

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Oldskool x3*, SFH, Cletus, 909, MFer, Hawk

You might as well give Oldskool comp picks for next year like you did with MFer a year or so back.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Oldskool x3*, SFH, Cletus, 909, MFer, Hawk

Krankor said:
You might as well give Oldskool comp picks for next year like you did with MFer a year or so back.

Yeah, I'll probably go that route. I'm just holding out in case Oldskool pops on at some point.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

At this point, I don't think he'll get anyone good with his picks, so I wouldn't mind him receiving the comp picks for next year.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Devine Ozigbo RB

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score

Jarrett Stidham, QB

Staff member
Reaction score

TE Foster Moreau

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - MFer, Hawk, Scarlet, OG, Krankor, HQ, Steak

Gonna take yet another wideout, as the RB leftovers aren't doing it for me. This guy has question marks athletically, but seems pretty polished otherwise.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-27-at-4.51.11-PM.png

Kelvin Harmon, WR

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - MFer, Hawk, Scarlet, OG, Krankor, HQ, Steak

WR Gary Jennings Jr

Will Scarlet

Integral Poster
Reaction score

KeeSean Johnson, WR

OG

OG
Reaction score

Dexter Williams, RB

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Benny Snell Jr. RB Pittsburgh Steelers

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score

Pretty pleased with how my draft went. I needed depth at RB and was able to do that. Both guys I see starting games this year.

http://youtu.be/kOBVfak4vk8

Initially when I looked at Devin Singletary before the draft I wasn't too impressed. 5'8 RB that graded out pretty slow at the combine. I had him ranked 5th at the position. The Bills like the fuck out of him and legit said they were more concerned with his game tape. He's so small and solid that he ended up breaking about the 2nd most tackles next to David Montgomery. Lesean McCoy will either get traded or cut is my prediction. Bills have brought in old man Frank Gore and TJ Yeldon this offseason. With investing an early 3rd in Singletary, I don't see much reason for them to keep McCoy and his problems around for the final season of his contract. I tried trading into the 2nd to get Singletary but kept getting shot down. Pretty thrilled to get Singletary at the end of the 3rd plus keep the primary player I was offering up, Golden Tate.

http://youtu.be/Zv81fpc7KLw

The other guy I snagged was Benny Snell Jr from Pittsburgh. I had him ranked 7th at the RB position. Snell like Singletary had a pretty awful combine. Snell's 40 time was pretty awful. Like Singletary he had a tremendous college career. Snell was basically all Kentucky had on offense. SEC defenses keyed in on him, and the guy still produced big. Before the NFL draft I thought he looked like a perfect fit for a team with a great rushing O-Line like Pittsburgh. That's where he ended up. Even with James Connor impressing somewhat in replacing Bell last year. The Steelers still ranked pretty poorly in team rushing stats, 31st. Connor had a slew of injuries issues last year, like he has his entire career. I'm pretty sure Snell will slowly start taking more and more snaps from Connor. When I watched Snell, I thought of him very similar to Jordan Howard except a lot more patient and with remarkably better hands. I figured Snell would get taken in the 3rd round of our draft, to snag him in the 4th I'm thrilled.

A few 2nd year players I have on my roster that I'm looking forward to seeing them develop is WR Robert Foster from Buffalo and WR Justin Watson from Tampa. Pretty glad I didn't have a lot of picks this year so that I can keep them. Buffalo didn't add much at WR this year. Foster was absolutely great in the action he saw last year. Tampa cleared out a lot of dead weight from its receiving core in the offseason. I expect Chris Godwin and Justin Watson to both develop a ton this year under Arians.

http://youtu.be/V9GR8FQ1OS0

QB Patrick Mahomes II
QB Jared Goff
QB Jameis Winston
QB Marcus Mariota
RB Todd Gurley
RB Nick Chubb
RB Philip Lindsay
RB Rashaad Penny
RB Jordan Howard
RB Duke Johnson
RB DEVIN SINGLETARY (R)
RB BENNY SNELL (R)
WR AJ Green
WR Amari Cooper
WR Allen Robinson
WR Corey Davis
WR Golden Tate
WR Chris Godwin
WR Anthony Miller
WR Courtland Sutton
WR Robert Foster
WR Justin Watson
TE Zach Ertz
TE Travis Kelce
TE Hunter Henry
TE Chris Herndon
DEF Chicago
DEF Cleveland

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

Since my fibromyalgia is kept me up all night and being in incredible pain, might as well do my own thoughts on my team heading into this season.

QBs - Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, AJ McCarron, Daniel Jones
Watson's a fantastic QB and I'm so happy to have him. Mayfield's got so many toys that if he doesn't succeed, wow is something wrong. McCarron thankfully is Watson's backup, so if Watson goes down again (please no), I've got his back up in hand. Daniel Jones is Eli Manning Part 2, so for my eventual 3rd option, he's a good back up to the other two. If he's more than a backup, great!

HBs - Saquon Barkley, Alvin Kamara, Sony Michel, D'Onta Foreman, Justice Hill, Alex Collins
Between Saquon and Kamara I've probably got a great chance to have the best 1-2 combo in the league. Unfortunately for me, my depth at the position is terrible. Foreman's got a good chance at getting more work or to take over the starting job. Justice will likely get the starting gig next season, so it was a move made for next year at best. I wasn't originally going to pick Justice Hill until I remembered that Alex Collins is stuck in legal hell for his actions in a car crash. And yes, I also completely forgot I have Sony Michel as well. So my depth isn't as bad as I originally thought. Curse my faulty memory.

WRs - DeAndre Hopkins, Adam Thielen, Calvin Ridley, Sterling Shepard, Cooper Kupp, Quincy Enunwa, DeVante Parker, Jamison Crowder, Geronimo Allison, Keke Coutee, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
As long as everyone produces, I'm going to be a happy guy. Everyone has issues I can live with and I think this year will be good for them. Many who didn't see much time, injuries, situations (like Miami) and of course my one rookie. This could be my strongest position I have.

TEs - Austin Hooper, Gerald Everett, Will Dissly, Charles Clay
Ho-boy where do I start? I'm willing to trade Jets outside starting receiver Jamison Crowder for a Tight End is all I need to say right? Hooper's a solid starter, but I'm hoping he can transition into an even better one. Everett is replacement level at this stage of his development which I think may have hit the ceiling. Will Dissly is returning from injury so chances he starts this season are probably low. And Charles is basically a warm body at this point.

DFs - Patriots, Jets
Patriots will do alright. Jets will be Jets. Not much more to say there. Bye weeks don't cross over so I'll be running with both of them for the season.

That's how I see my team right now. Also, seriously, willing to trade Crowder for a tight end or future picks right now. Forgot that Clay was a warm body at this point. Ugh.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - HQ, Steak, HQ - END OF DRAFT

Gonna roll with a guy who could carve out a similar role as the player comp I chose for him with a Dolphins roster that is pretty thin + a new HC/OC who can use his skill set well. Low risk but some solid upside.

Myles Gaskin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmXgpq4o7F0&t

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft - Steak, HQ - END OF DRAFT

Trayveon Williams

That's the end of the draft! Will try and get the league/rosters set up by Saturday. Congrats, all!

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rookie Draft Finished!

I'm alive and I'm OK with whatever y'all decide to do with my team/picks, 100% my own fault. Still interested in being in the league!

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

You'll likely obtain supplementary picks for next season oldskool. Good to hear you are okay!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

oldskool said:
I'm alive and I'm OK with whatever y'all decide to do with my team/picks, 100% my own fault. Still interested in being in the league!

Glad to hear you're okay! I'll just carry over your roster when I set up the league and you'll get 4 compensatory picks next year.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Won't be able to submit rosters until May 30th so on that day, I'll set up the rosters. First post has been updated with the new league URL though.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Y7: Rosters To Be Inputted May 30th

Rosters have been inputted! Teams can start doing adds/drops, making trade offers, etc. Link is in the first post for the league URL.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Re: CXF NFL Dynasty Year 7 - League Is GO

If you could swap out my two cuts (WR Ryan Switzer and QB Ryan Tannehill) for my two drafted players (WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and RB Justice Hill), I would appreciate it. Because I won't be able to make moves until that is corrected.